Chapter 4

I sit in my room staring out the window blankly. It has been more quiet since Levi escaped. I flinch as I hear her enter the house and stomp up the stairs towards my room. I glance out the window then closes the blinds before turning my chair to face to door as the knob turns. I swallow nervously as my door swings open. Mother stands their breathing heavily. "You little Bitch. After everything you still fight me! I AM YOUR MOTHER!! HOW DARE YOU!!" She screams and lunges at me grabbing a fist full of my long hair. I yelp and she drags me out of the room and throws me down the stairs. My head connects with the floor and the world spins as she comes after me. I try to scramble away but she grabs my face and I notice the glass bottle in her hand. My eyes widen and she smashes it on my head glass cutting my face and landing on the ground.I look at her with fear in my eyes and kicks Mother in the knee making her let go of me and I crawl towards the front door. But she snarls and grabs my ankle and with all her strength in her body breaks my ankle. I scream in agony and she drops my ankle. I curl up into a ball and holds my ankle tears rolling down my face. Mother scoffs at me then she forces me up and into the car and drives me to the hospital for them to put a cast on me. The next day at school I hobble through the door on crutches. Ben looks over and his eyes widen. "JD, What happened?" He asks as him and the others approach. "I fell down my stairs last night and broke my ankle." I lie and smiles weakly. "Oh, alright." He says and we head our separate ways to class EJ and Ben following me. EJ leans closer as Ben gets ahead of us. "You're not telling the truth about what happened to you are you?" He asks and I glance at him with wide eyes but hides my shock. "I am telling the truth. I don't know what your talking about." I snap and enters the classroom and goes to my desk in the back of the room. Soon the lunch bell rings and I head to the lunch room. I sit at my table and lays my head down sighing softly wishing Levi was hear by my side. I muster up my power and reaches out to Levi. 'Levi, brother, Sun can you hear me?' I hum in my head. 'JD, sister, Moon I can hear you.' Levi answers and I relax. 'That's good. Mother is losing it.' I look up over my arms to see the others walking over. 'How so?' Levi questions and I can practically hear his head tilt. 'She smashed a bottle on my head and broke my ankle last night.' I mutter. 'That bitch.' The malicious in his voice  startles me. 'Levi, calm. Relax, we can't act out yet. We have to wait for the right time. When we are together again and we have more information on mother. Are you safe though is my biggest concern right now.' 'Of course JD, I am staying with some friends of King.' Levi says and I look at the group as they sit down by me. 'I have to go now, Levi. I'll talk to Jess after school and see if she knows when we will reunite.' I break the connection and sighs softly and tiredly.