Chapter 10

I sit in my room listening to the two people down stairs as they make their way up and to their room. My heart hammering in my chest and my room is basically bear now. All my small amount of belongings are in my back pack by the door ready to go. Soon the clock strikes midnight and I make my move carefully grabbing the back pack and slipping down stairs without a sound. I reach the back door and takes a deep breath holding it as I opened the door and stepped outside closing the door behind me. I sprint through the backyard a smile on my face then I trip over a wind chime. My heart roars and I tear across the grass like a frightened animal. I hear the chimes ring in the distance as I keep running not waiting to see if she comes after me which I know she is because she doesn't want to lose her meat shield but I won't let her do that to me. One of the Heirs to Zalgo's throne. "YOU BITCH!!" I hear her scream and then a shot gun blast. I yelp at the sound and keep moving. "CATCH HER TYLER!!" Mother yells and I hear his heavy footsteps. "No no no no no." I whisper fearfully. I make it through the playground and I barely cross the tree line when I am tackled. I scream and thrash under Tyler as he pants smirking. "Gotcha you little Bitch." He snarls. I try to claw at his eyes but he stays out of reach. Mother approaches and stands over me a sicking smile on her face. But then a hatchet flies out of no where and barely misses Tyler's nose. He jerks back falling off me and I go to scramble away but mother steps on my chest, bending down and grabbing me by my hair. I thrash and growl before remembering I have a pocket knife on me. A male steps out of the trees a hatchet in hand. "I would let go of the girl if I were you." He growls as his twitches. I reach into my pocket while I continue to struggle. I grasp the knife and flicks  it open. In one swift movement I cut my long hair short, not neatly but the best I can, and takes off towards the male after picking up the other hatchet leaving Mother with a fist full of hair and Tyler on his ass. I sprint past the male dropping the hatchet next to him as I shadow step away. I lean against a tree panting heavily after using my shadow step in so much light drains me more than normal.