Chapter 45

I stare out the window as we drive back to the house fighting to keep the smile off my face. As we pull up I spot Alex, Jay and Jess standing on the front porch. "Hey you three. What's up?" Connie asks as I slowly climb out of the car before approaching them. "Figured we would come hang out and spend from now till Christmas in a few days with you two." Alex says. I smile brightly and turns to Connie waiting for her answer. "Why are you asking me? You three are always welcome." Connie laughs and we head inside. Soon the five of us are watching a movie and I can't wait any longer. "Hang on, I'll be right back.  I have a present for Connie." I get up off the couch. "What? When did you get me another present and why can't it wait till Christmas?" She asks looking at me. "You will see." I smile and heads up to my room. Lyra is sitting on my bed humming softly to herself. "Okay, ready to surprise your mom?" I ask. "Yeah, let's do this kiddo." She says getting up and following me back down stairs. "Connie, close your eyes and hold out your hands." I say. Once Connie does as I asked I have Lyra grab Connie's hands. "Okay, you can open your eyes now." I smile sitting on the couch. Connie's eyes fill with tears and she hugs Lyra tightly. "How? What? When?" She asks. "I got a new power to bring the dead back. I did it while we were visiting her grave. " I grin and Jess ruffles my hair. Soon it was Christmas Eve and I was napping in my room to get away from the hub bub for a little while. There was Christmas movies playing and Connie was working on the food for tonight and tomorrow. I woke up and stretched before heading towards the living room. I reach the top of the stairs and Jess looks up at me with wide eyes and shakes her head frantically. I scrunch up my eye brows in confusion. Lyra comes out of her room and looks at me then Jess. We walk down the stairs and once I reach the bottom Jess steps in front of me. "Jess, what are you?" I ask before I hear Toby's voice. "I just figured I would come spend this Christmas eve and Christmas with you since I got you back." He says. I freeze and Lyra's eyes widen. Before I could grab her, she steps out from behind Jess. "Toby?" She asks. "Lyra? Is that really you?" Toby asks. I peek around Jess to see Toby standing in the kitchen staring at Lyra in disbelief. The siblings hug each other and Connie cries at the sight. I look down at the ground wishing I could be with Levi and be able to hug him like that. I hear footsteps and I look up to see Toby standing near Jess and I, looking at me. I tense up and Alex and Jay stand up off the couch moving towards me. "JD, did you bring Lyra back?" Toby asks quietly. I nod my head quickly. He smiles and steps forward but Jess sticks her arm out. I swallow thickly. "I don't think he is going to hurt me right now. If he was he would have his hatchets pulled out. It's okay you guys." I say and Jess relaxes slightly before stepping out of the way but ready to step back in just in case. Toby goes to hug me but then he notices my stomach. His eyes widen and looks at me face. "Your pregnant? For how long and who is the dad?" He asks. The look in his eyes is like a child seeing a puppy for the first time. I smile weakly. "Four months, and I don't know exactly. It's between two people." I rub the back of my neck.