Chapter 27

"They are alive, just unconscious. But where is JD?" EJ asks and everyone glances around. The shadow wave dies and I step into view. Jeff and Lui are the first to notice me and they race towards me relief written all over their faces but they skid to a stop before fulling reaching me noticing that I am covered from head to toe in blood, barely any part of me is untouched by the crimson liquid. "What the hell happened to you JD?" Lui asks worried reaching towards me drawing everyone's attention to me. I walk closer to the group my nails digging into my palms. "What happened JD?" Slender asks. I look at him and swallows nervously. "Hunters attacked the mansion, I had to fend them off." I mutter. "But that doesn't explain why your covered in blood." Ben says and before I can answer the world spins, my legs give out from under me and I collapse to the ground my eyes flutter before closing tossing me to the dark waves of sleep. I feel water lapping against my legs and my face being scrubbed by a wash cloth. I snap my eyes open and looks around wide eyed heart racing. "Levi? Sally? Where are they? Are they okay?"  The questions fly out so fast that they are just a jumbled mess as I try to figure out my surroundings. Jane sits next to the tub a wash cloth clutched in her hand. I spot a stack of towels sitting on the toilet and I blink slowly before turning to look at Jane. She smiles gently, "They are both okay. EJ looked them over. They just have a few minor cuts and bruises nothing serious. Levi is asleep in your room and Sally is with him." Jane says. I nod my head slowly and furrows my eyes brows as I become lost in thought. Jane goes back to washing my face and soon I am clean of any trace of blood. I step out of the tub and towel dries myself before pulling on my freshly washed clothes which I am surprised that my hoodie wasn't bleached to hell and back. "Now that your clean and dressed. Are you up to answer some questions?" Jane asks and I nod my head. "Yeah. I think so." I say following her out of the bathroom.