𝒕𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆

Day One : Saturday

Heat waves in Los Feliz were going to be the end of me. Of all the weeks it's been cold, it decides to be hot the day we're leaving for our camping trip to Joshua Tree. My arms wrapped around Luke who sat upon his luggage as we waited for our turn to get onto the bus. " You two ever stop touching each other?" Alex applied extra sunscreen to the edge of his nose.

"I'm making up for lost years, Alex." Luke leaned into the comfort of my arm, myself propping my chin on top of his head. "Plus Y/N hung out with the Oliver twins the last time we came, which I'm pretty sure was super lame and I'm just trying to show that we're much funner."

"Also Luke's way of communicating his love with is touch, Alex. Just like yours are with words."

"Okaaay." Alex looked at the both of us weirdly before he rubbed in the sunscreen and handed it off to Reggie. " What do you think we're going to do first?" Reggie squirted some of the cream into his hands and rubbed it on his arms.

" Wait, you do know that it's a two hour drive right?" I raised my hand but both of them just continued to douse themselves in sunscreen. Like Reggie's question was heard, one of the school counselors, Ms.Mary, passed," Hiking!"

We groaned, Ms.Mary sneering at us before boarding the steps of the bus and calling out attendance.

"Can you believe it?" Luke grasped onto my hands in excitement," A weekend away from our suffocating households and we got an invitation to perform at the Orpheum in the summer last night. Plus I can get to spend some time with my beautiful girl."

"Ok whatever, charmer." Alex placed his large backpack onto his lap that was stuffed with all his belonging" Your parents still want you go to college, huh?"

"I tried telling them multiple times last night that last night we got an opportunity of a lifetime. But my mom kept on shoving school applications in front of me."  Luke huffed.

"Watch my parents still find a way to call me." Reggie stressed. He eyed a crowd of pigeons that were attacking a piece of bread that was left out,"They might even use birds."

"That's kind of cute." I went into thought. What if owls could send letters? I trailed away from the conversation, giggling at the thought of an owl making its way to my window at night. "What are you giggling about?" Luke titled his head up to look at me. Geez, I wonder what my underside looked like from here. My double chin was one hundred perfect sticking out, I know it.

"Imagine if we didn't have phones but owls that send each other letters.."

"You'd be getting 220,329 letters a day then."

"220,329 papers of your ugly handwriting? I'd only get through through one a day from trying to find out what you're saying."

" Oh shut up, you'd love them." He proceeded to nibble on the bare skin of my arm. I smacked his head from how random he was and I could the smile against skin as he only continued. "Stop being such a weirdo." I tightened my hold against his shoulder. He huddling himself into my arms as I lowered my face down onto his shoulder.

Hurried footsteps came over, " Sorry, guys. The parents dropping off their kids here are crazy. I don't get the traffic, they could just keep moving." Bobby panted. My eyes went straight to the red head behind him that pushed her way through to be in front of Luke and Bobby.. "And little Miss.Anne here was taking her splendid time doing her hair. You do know we're going out to the wilderness, right?"

So they came here together? I knew Bobby was being nice because of what happened last night but seriously? Did you really have to pick her up?

Once she looked over at me, I avoided eye contact with her and stayed put where I was behind Luke. I felt a heavy sigh come from Luke as Anne came forward to place a hand on Luke's arm. I almost flinched from how forward she was," My brother said he was going to talk to his boss tomorrow when he goes back to work. Seems like things are going good for you, all thanks to me."