𝒔𝒊𝒙𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏

The four of us existed the carnival, each holding our own prize. " It was okay, could've been better." Reggie tried to balance the five toys he had won from playing the ring toss game over and over.

"You wasted like 50 bucks from me on games and food and all you can say is that the fair was okay?" Luke moved to grab at one of the beanie babies that was in Reggie's arm but Reggie twirled out of his reach.

It really was alright. Minus the side eye that was getting half the night from you know who, I'd say that I had a lot more fun that I thought I would. As we made to Anne's car, I felt a hand on my lower back. A tingly feeling was felt in my stomach when Luke used this chance to turn me around and brought me in for a tight hug. "See you later." My eyes fluttered close at the warmth of his body that always radiates off of him.

was if the world disappeared around us, Luke not letting go as well and I hoped he wouldn't.

A cough pulled us apart, Anne crossing her arms at the driver's seat, "It's getting late, we should go."

Luke's hand still rested on my hips, his eyes placed still on me. My heartbeat increasing more and more when he didn't look away when I did. " Yeah." He breathed out before slowly letting go of me and walking towards the passenger seat. He looked back towards Reggie and I one more time before Annie's car disappeared from our view.

_

" You like him, don't you?"

" Shit, Reggie, I thought you were asleep."

I almost crashed into a stop sign from Reggie talking after I sworn his eyes were closed a second ago, "Don't avoid the question."

"I'm sorry, I'm just dealing with my near death experience."

"Take this seriously. You told Alex and I that you weren't okay and I am now connecting the dots for who may may be the reason. Is it Luke that's making you like this?"

I parked on the side of a street corner, knowing that I'd actually crash if I keep talking about this while driving. "Was it obvious?"

"Y/N, I don't know if you know this but you're not as unlikable as everyone tells you. I'm pretty sure Luke has told you but I like you, actually I just think you're hot, and sometimes I watch you."

"That's kinda creepy, Reggie."

"Shh and I see the way you look at him. At first I thought you just admired him in a platonic way but the way you react to everything he does. It's just so much more, especially that hug tonight. I feel like it goes both ways. "

"And what about it, Reggie?"

Then why are you making yourself suffer?"

My hands ran along the trim of my steering wheel, " What else am I supposed to do, Reggie?". I honestly felt so awkward talking so seriously. There was of course times where we would sit down and have a talk. But about my feelings for our best friend? Never.

"Fight for him."

"It's hard to fight for someone when they don't feel the same way, Regs." He rolled his eyes and gave me a look to ask me why I was assuming. "It seems like he never told you what happened on Christmas.". Which I was grateful for that Luke didn't spill these details to his friends. " I kissed him, Reggie. And he didn't kiss back. And he acted so disgusted about it."

Reggie leaned back in his seat in thought before I continued," So why would I fight for someone who doesn't want me?". I took Reggie's silence as a signal to start the car again and in less than five minutes, I arrived at Reggie's house. All the lights were turned off, signaling that his parents may have gone to bed. Reggie's movements were slow and I just knew he didn't want to go home yet.