𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒓𝒕𝒚 𝒔𝒊𝒙

I swung around my tote bag that was filled full of my textbook and multiple notebooks. I had a huge science test coming up soon and if I would like to pass with at least a B, I needed to study. So studying while my break times would be smart. Rue held my other hand as we walked out of the front of the school together.

" Wait if you don't want Mike, can I have him then?"

" You don't need my permission on that, you weirdo." I snuck a disgusted look at her," I never liked him like that anyways."

Rue clapped her hands together. Like he heard us, Mike appeared with the same textbook that was in my bag balanced on top of his head. " Did I hear my name?". Rue giggled like a child and latched onto his arm.

"What! Get off of me!" Mike swung his arm around to try to get her off but she didn't budge, clinging onto him like her life depended on it. I stepped to the side to avoid getting hit and looked around at everywhere except for them so I could unassociate myself from these hooligans.

I saw a familiar blue hoodie besides the bike rack and raised an eyebrow. Luke's back was turned to me as he leaned up where I could see Alex's bike was too. He had his down with the hood up, his arms crossed around his chest. I knew he was hiding but he looked 10 times suspicious.  Excusing myself from the two monkeys that I have no idea were doing now with their limbs were tangled up that I couldn't see Rue's head was. Something told me that I was safe to go to Luke and not expose his identity from how Rue and Mike didn't even hear me say goodbye. 

Luke was playing around the string that was attached to one of his bracelets before I placed my both of my hands on his shoulders, making him jump. 

"Jeezus, I thought you were security." Luke held his chest and pushed up his glasses. 

"Are those Granny's?" I pointed at the cheetah printed rim, " Luke, didn't I tell you that Clark Kent effect won't actually work in real life?" I sighed. I replayed a conversation that happened two nights ago after we had a whole argument on how he was cuddling Reggie and not me. 

"I did not!"

"Yes you did!"

Luke refused to believe that he was cuddling with Reggie in the car before Bobby dropped us off but he keeps disagreeing that he was with me the whole time. 

"If you didn't smoke a whole tree worth of MJ, then we wouldn't be having this conversation." I pushed his head back with my index finger, making him fall back against my bed behind him," I was the sober one."

"Still think that it was you. I mean the hair was really soft."

"Reggie's is soft when he doesn't have all that hair product in it." 

"Shit, was it Reggie?"

"We spent 15 minutes talking about it and you're just now convinced?"

"Well now that I look at it, your hair is pretty fried-"

I tackled him onto the bed, causing one of my pictures frames to fall onto the floor with a clash. Both of our hands went to cover our mouth before Luke bursted laughing. I shushed him, signaling my thumb pointing to the side of the room that he could wake up Granny.

But it must've woken up Granny because I heard her footsteps rushing down the hall. Luke was technically off limits in my room because Granny was starting to trust him less after she caught him naked in front of me. Grabbing the blanket to pull over Luke's head, I slid underneath the blanket with him to pretend that I was going to sleep. I reached over him to turn off the light and laid down just in time for the creek of my door.