𝒇𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒕𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆

Luke stared into the mirror as I slid on my scrubs for today.

"You'll do great tonight."

"You've said that 1,000 times already and each time, I get more and more nervous."

I was amazed at how I managed to not roll my eyes to the back of my head as I sat next to Luke. The string on his arm began to untie from him moving so much. It really showed how stressed and nervous he was about tonight.  I moved so that I could tie the string again, leaning down and beginning to kiss his bicep.

"And I'll say it even more to convince you that you, Lucas Patterson, are going to kill it tonight!"

I stood up and grabbed a sherpa jacket from my hanger to pull on. I also pulled out Luke's sleeveless blue jacket and paired it with his grey and black plaid coat. It was going to be cold tonight and as much as he loved his sleeveless shirts, I wasn't trying to have her catch hypothermia. I threw it back towards him and he was still frozen in front of the mirror that it whacked him in the face before falling on his lap.

"Dude, seriously." I jumped in front of him and shook him by his shoulders," You will completely fine!"

"Dude, I will not be." He shook my shoulders back and in defeat, I sat down. With our knees touching, I slouched down so I could rest my arm onto my knee and my chin onto my hand. " What do I have to do to convince you that all is well?"

His eyes looked around the room as a smirk appeared and I knew exactly went through his mind. " Nope." I quickly stood up from my spot, using his body to help me up. "Nope. Nope. Nope."

I walked downstairs, Luke following behind," Cmon, you asked me what would help me relieve some tension." He gripped my hand and pushed me against the stairwell, catching me by surprise as I let out an audible gasp. " How are you going to ask and not do? That's not nice."

"Because... Luke..." I put my hands up to his head and looked side to side, " If you don't remember, there is a whole other adult in this house with us that will literally maul you if she sees you touching me like that."

"She's not wrong." Granny pushed past Luke and I to get to the bottom of the stairs as she guided us both to the kitchen. There were already pancakes and an assortment of fruits laid out on the table. Luke licked his lips before sitting down and stacking his plate up high. Between the layers of pancakes, he put fruits in there.

"You act like we starve you."

He shushed me, the bottle flooding his plate with syrup. Granny and I watched him as he put a dollap of whip cream on top of his masterpiece. Sir, that was a breakfast. It was desert time now. He cut a piece and lifted it up to his mouth before stopping midway much to mine and Granny's confusion. Instead, he held out his fork to my mouth and I swear I felt my heart pick up a beat. I took the bite with a gleeful smile, Luke running his thumb along my cheekbone with a coo.

Granny held her hand to her chest, " My babies have grown up so much. But although". Luke looked up with her cheeks puffed like a chipmunk as Granny held her arms across her chest," You didn't ask for my blessing like you usually do."

"Well, I thought the croissants and the madelines were basically an okay for me to do this."

"Has anyone ever done that for you to believe to do so?"

"Well I figured that we'd be a little different. Taking in that the both of you are strange."

"You think I'm strange?" I pouted. Luke frantically set down his fork, " No, ladybug, you're just a little-"

"I basically raised you and the one thing that you have to say to me is that I'm strange." Granny wiped a fake tear from under her eye as I faked a sad face. He nervously looked back and forth between us and placing a hand on my shoulder," Y/N, you asked me what would help make me less nervous and this isn't helping."