𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒓𝒕𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆

Granny told me that I should never look at someone's stuff without their permission. But my name was all over the place so I mean... I kinda had the right to look through this because it had something to do with it.

There were diary like entries all over the place along with scribbles of song lyrics.

What caught my attention was a list of songs that had a whole page to itself.

Mixtape:

I wanna take forever tonight - Crystal Bernard

Fade Into You - Mazzy Star

Up where we belong - Joe Crocker

Crazy for you - Madonna

Kiss From a Rose - Seal

I'll be - Edwin McCain

Nothing Compares 2 U- Sinead O Connar

Give me the night - George Benson

Lovefool - The Cardigans

One - U2

Vision of Love - Mariah Carey

Everything I Do, I Do It For You - Bryan Adams

You're the Inspiration - Chicago

Open Arms - Journey

U get me high - Tom Petty and the Heartbreaker

For with her, I.F.L.Y.

Reading out the letters on the side, I finally got what it meant. I fucking love you.I listened to those same song over and over again on the VHS that was in the walkman and didn't catch this at all. My heart melted that there was a hidden meaning behind these choices of songs, especially with the fact that some of these songs didn't really fit Luke's taste. My eyes wavered over the first entry that was dated the day after we broke up.

You did it, Luke. You fucked up. You royally fucked up the one good thing in your life. I wonder if she's doing okay because she looked so worn out in the bus and when I asked for my walkman back. Just go back. Go back to her Granny's house and get on her knees for forgiveness. But you said the worst things and treated her so unfairly.

The next one was dated two weeks later.

She hasn't came to visit me once. She knows where I am. She knows enough about me to know where I'm hiding. Why hasn't she?

Because she fucking hates you, Luke.

Each were short sentences of how he missed me. But there was one that caught my eye. It was dated only two days after the last.

Bobby pushed me to get out with him to the liquor store with me. We both hadn't expected to her in the candy aisle. I ran behind the chips. Wow, I'm so stupid. I should've just went up and said hi. But why did she look so tired? Has she been getting sleep? I really wanted to hug her but would she want that?

My heart raced as I went over the first song that was written in the page next.

Torn in two
And I know I shouldn't tell you
But I just can't stop thinking of you
Wherever you are
You
Wherever you are
Every night I almost call you
Just to say it always will be you
Wherever you are