𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒕𝒚 𝒕𝒘𝒐

The beginning of summer was always the best. Filled with fun band practices, stressful nights at the internship, and many late night cuddles with Luke. I couldn't ask for more. It was one week until the Orpheum and what Luke claimed was " going to be the night that our lives were going to change". On the one weekend that that my friends and I are all off, we decided to take a trip to the roller rink. When I say we invited everyone, we invited EVERYONE. Granny said no due to having a late shift today but Luke straight out said no when  It took a look of convincing to get Luke to come along but I even brought out my infamous puppy eyes and he still refused.

It was not like they had practice because Alex, Reggie, and Bobby were coming with us.

Plus we haven't really been on a date since summer had started either so I felt even more disappointed that I kept getting rejected. But Luke told me after the stress of the Orpheum were off his shoulders that he'll take me on a date to wherever I wanted to go. Plus he said I was already paying for Reggie and Alex to get in and he didn't want me wasting any more money then I'd have to. If only he'd know that I'd buy the world for him if I could.

I just wanted to look at the stars at the cliff we always went to.

"Oh gosh, you're still onto that."

"I refuse to believe that Bobby taught you how to swim in the span of the 15 minutes we weren't there."

"So you think that I purposely told you that I couldn't swim so I could hang onto your naked body?"

"Yes."

I flicked Luke's forehead with him dramatically falling back against the carpet floor. "Anything is possible. I mean nobody snitched on you at the party even though I would've taken the opportunity to get that 10,000." I put my studs in along the line of eye, carefully pinning it to so it didn't look out of place. Luke sat up and leaned his chin onto his hand to watch me do my makeup.

"I know you would. I witnessed you first hand trying to call the police on me, remember?" Luke moved so he could watch me more clearly, "You don't have to wear that. It's just our friends."

I held up my index finger for him to shut up. Luke's lips formed into a straight line before he scooted over closer to me to look at how I put the jewel on.

"Can I try?"

"Can you?" I moved my shoulder towards him so I could somewhat get away from his curious eyes.

"Please." He reached out for the tweezers. Reluctantly I let him take the metal device especially when he held a tighter grip on it than me. I shut my eyes to let him do his work. He was doing it very slowly and I couldn't tell if it would look nice or not. Every time I would open my eyes, he would blow on them for me to shut them again. "Okay... okay... done."

I looked at myself in the small mirror I had and I was actually amazed by how well it came out. The fake diamonds perfectly outlined my eyelid and I looked at Luke who had a cocky smile on his face. Well if he thought he was so good... I reached over to my makeup bag and pulled out some gold hair beads. With a straight face, "Sorry, my service only last for one thing and you already used that.". What a butt. 

"But you did it without me asking. I should have that ticket still open then."

"You make a good point, chosen one."

I pushed the bag against his chest and he opened it up, holding the golden beads in his hands," What do I do anyways?"

"Just make a braid and as you go on, slid in the bead."

I could his loud and tired groan behind me as I continued to work on my makeup on my other eye. "Ouch, Luke." His hands were sweaty so as he tried to make the small braid, he also pulling on my hair. "Babe, if you can handle-"