17. You're mine

Xavier POV

Nevah giggled when I pulled her on top of me. It was 1:30am roughly so everyone was asleep. Luckily my family are heavy sleepers but still careful with how loud we were.

It's been three weeks since the day she showed up all battered and bruised. Her black eye is almost gone and some of the cuts have turned to scars as well, only some are still scabbed over. Every time I see her and we're alone, I kiss her wrists and neck where her scars/scabs are most visible.

"D-do you have to?" Nevah smiled at me as she laid on top of me. She had stayed the night but came into my room because she couldn't sleep.

"Well mi amor, I don't. But I want to." I smiled and started tickling her. She laughed and put her hand over her mouth to try and quieten herself. Her laughs and giggles are like music to my ears.

"It's late, we should sleep." I told her and kissed her nose. The bridge of her nose scrunched up cutely only making me fall for her even more.

"Can I s-stay with you?" Nevah whispered.

"Always." I nodded. I leaned up and kissed her, leading a slow passionate kiss. I never go fast and rough with her because I know it'll only lead to something she's not ready for.

"Xavier? C-can I ask you a q-question?" Nevah rubbed her cheek on my chest as she cuddled me while laid on top of me.

"Anything mi Vida." I kissed the top of her head while I plaid with her hair.

"W-why d-do you k-kiss me a lot?" She rested her chin on me so she was looking at me.

"Because you're mine. Mine to hold, mine to kiss." I told her and kissed her nose. "Mine to cuddle, mine to make laugh, mine to tickle. Mío todo mío." I smiled at her.

"D-does that make y-yyou my boyfriend?" Nevah held hope in her eyes. It made my heart got crazy, I'm surprised the small girl couldn't hear it. She made me feel butterflies, no fuck that, a whole damn zoo.

"If you want me to be." I told her. "Nevah Leigh Conway, will you be my girlfriend?"

She nodded and hid her face, hiding that beautiful blush. I put my fingers under her chin so she would look at me. When I had her facing me again I captured her lips with mine. I rolled us over so I was laid on top of her now, holding all my weight up with my hands by her head.

A small moan came from her mouth making me twitch down there. After a minute or two, I pulled away knowing this would only lead to one thing. It's not a bad thing, but she's so innocent that I can't take that from her yet.

"Get some sleep novia." I whispered to her and placed a lingering kiss on her lips.

"G-good night." Nevah pecked my lips and snuggled up to my chest. I wrapped my arms around her to hold her as close to me as I could without suffocating the poor girl. With that, I closed my eyes and fell asleep.
~~~~~

I jolted awake when I felt hits on me with screaming and crying. Nevah let out another scream telling someone to stop. I held her close to me and woke her up. When she did she sobbed into my chest.

Ever since she got the cuts and bruises, Nevah has been having these horrible nightmares that cause her to scream and cry in her sleep, as well as push me away thinking I'm someone else. All I can do is just hold her close to me and wake her up.

"Daddy." She cries out quietly.

"Shhh, shhh, daddy's got you." I rocked her to try and soothe the sobbing girl. Nevah always apologised to which i tell her not to bother because she can't help it. I want to be able to do more to help her, to calm her mind to help her have a full nights sleep. But I can't and that's kills me inside.

Most nights since that day she's been here with me, but some nights she goes back where the next day I see a fresh bruise or two on her. I want to do something about it, but I have no clue what. I just want to protect her from all the demons, yet there is not one single thing I can think of to do it.

All I can do is hold her whenever she gets like this. And seeing her makes me feel weak because I can't help her. Only if roles were reversed.