7. Meeting him

Nevah POV

I sat at school waiting for Bella and Hope to sit at our usual table for lunch. I don't have any classes with them other than one which I get to sit next to them. They both came over and sat down taking out some food for me.

"What happened to your eye?" Hope asked me while Bella got a packed lunch from her bag for me. Her question made Bella snap her head up to look at me.

"I-I w-was p-play f-fighting w-with my b-brother." I lied. They can't know, it'll ruin them if I do.

"Are you sure? It looks like someone punched you. Our brother gets into fights and it looks like it." She sighed. "Nevah did someone hit you?"

"N-no. I-I promise. H-he a-accidentally e-elbowed m-me." I whispered. Hope sighed again but nodded. I could see she didn't believe me but Bella shrugged and carried on getting the food out.

When it was placed in front of me, I thanked them and ate it. When I'm at school it's he only meal I eat a day. Sometimes I'm lucky enough for John to give me leftover. It's never a lot but at least it's something to ease the hunger.

"Bella and I were thinking of doing a sleepover. You, me and Bella." Hope told me.

"Y-yeah. I-I'd l-like t-that." I nodded. They both smiled and started planning things with me. Like what films I like, what snacks and if we should have a theme.

"What's your favourite film of all time?" Bella asked me.

"I-I h-have n-never s-seen a f-film." I told them with my cheeks going bright red from embarrassment. Even though my cheeks are always red, it seemed the blush is more prominent when I speak as I stutter. I can't think of a time when I didn't stutter when talking to someone, or blush.

"What!?" The twins gasped very dramatically.

"Now you have to have a sleepover. I don't care what my mum says, it's happening. We'll watch a film of each genre. Romance, comedy, horror. The lot. And we'll get Lia or Xavier to take us to the shop to get some sweets, crisps and drinks so we can pig out and binge watch films. How does that sound?" Hope smiled at me.

"I-I'd l-like t-that v-very m-much." I nodded.
~~~~~~

The twins had invited me to their house so I could meet their parents and siblings so we all wouldn't be strangers when I'd stay. Not going to lie I was very excited. I've never had a sleepover or people to do stuff with, so I was very excited.

Even though I didn't show it, I was. So here we were, walking to Hope and Bella's house. They told me their mum and dad had the day off and their siblings would be home by now so I would have the chance to meet everyone.

We came to a house which was fairly big and had a safe environment aura to it. With the welcome mat by the front door and a wreath to match the summer season.

"Mum? Dad? We're home." The girls called out.

"In here." I heard a deep voice call out. Although deep, it had a soft tone to it. Guessing that's their dad. We walked into a room where there was an other woman and man, a girl that looked like the woman and a little boy not much younger than me.

"Hello, who's this?" The woman smiled softly at me.

"Mum, this is Nevah. Nevah this is my mum, paisley, my dad Logan, my older sister Liana, or Lia and our little brother Finn." Bella told me.

"H-hello." I looked at all of them and tried to smile. Yet it didn't get as big as I wanted it to be as my hands were shaking and my heartbeat felt like it was going to beat out of my chest.

"Hello darling. I'm paisley, it's nice to meet you." The twins mum got up and hugged me. I flinched a little thinking she was going to hit me. "I'm sorry, don't you like hugs?"

"I-I've n-never h-had o-one." I whispered. Paisley frowned but put her arms around me anyway. Hesitatingly I put my arms around her enjoying the motherly hug she's giving me.

"So, how come you're here? Is it for a sleepover?" She asked me with a smile when she pulled away from me. A small smile came on to my lips and my cheeks burned but I nodded anyway.

"We were thinking Nevah could stay tomorrow night. We brought her here so she could get used to everyone when she stays tomorrow." Hope shrugged and sat down.

"Of course." The man smiled. "I'm Logan." He smiled at me.

"N-Nevah." I gave a small smile back.

"Where's Xavier?" Bella asked while looking at her family.

"Where do you think?" Her sister rolled her eyes while on her phone.

"Fuck sake." Hope mumbled and walked out of the living room.

"Language." Logan called after her sternly but had a amused smile on his face.

After ten minutes, Hope walked back into the living room. Stood by the door was a ver muscular, tattooed guy wearing grey joggers low on his hips and no T-shirt showing off his tattoos. My cheeks heated up and my heartbeat started up again as I looked at this, god.

"Xavier this is Nevah. Mine and Hope's best friend." Bella told him.