35. Do you want one?

Xavier POV

While I drove Nevah and I to the place, she couldn't sit still. A smile stayed on her face while she asked me what the surprise was. It took all of my will power to restrain myself from telling the small girl what her surprise was.

When we got to the place, I parked the car and we got out. See now Nevah has been wanting an African grey parrot, it was the bird she saw in the video and got really excited about it. So to say sorry for having Melanie, the bitch in my old bed, I'm getting Nevah her dream pet. The budgies were only a taste of what it would be like to have a bird of her own.

We went inside to hear the chirping of birds, meows of cats and barks of dogs. Animal cages were stacked on shelves, bird cages, hamster cages and rabbit hutches. Along with the food for every animal on opposite shelves.

"Hey, how can I help you?" A middle aged woman asked me.

"Hi. Uh, I'd like to buy my girlfriend a bird. But a specific one, I was wondering if you have the breed." I replied.

"Maybe. We have budgies, parakeets, love birds, African greys, cockatiels and a few more." She told me. All while Nevah was looking in the cages at the African greys.

"An African grey." I nodded with a smile.

"Of course, come with me." She smiled. We went over to Nevah and stood next to her. "Want to hold one?" The lady asks Nevah.

My girlfriends eyes light up and she nodded. Carefully, the woman opened the door to the large enclosure and went inside with Nevah. Like the day at bird world, Nevah shuffled her feet while she but her bottom lip trying to hide the massive smile.

"You want one baby?" I smiled at her from the outside of the enclosure. Nevah nodded excitedly again, not taking her eyes off the grey birds. Just then, one flew on to her shoulder and looked her in the eye.

"Which one do you want?" I chuckled lightly.

"This one." Nevah lifted her hand slowly and started petting the bird on her shoulder.

"Ok. This one is one year old, he's very lovable but people who's come in has chosen other ones. What are you going to name him?" The woman smiled softly at my girlfriend. I had asked her to be mine again last night, to which I got a kiss and a small yes from her.

"Apollo." Nevah replied with a smile.

The lady put something around the birds foot so she could easily identify it when we get it again. Nevah picked out a cage which was big so he would have enough room, toys, a ladder and a mirror for him. Once I paid, I took it all from Nevah so she could hold Apollo when we go home. I had already spoke to my grandparents before we left while my mum and Nevah spoke to each other in the kitchen.

They immediately agreed saying it will be a great companion for Nevah. The woman got Nevah in the enclosure again, only to have Apollo fly on to her shoulder again. Nevah giggled and rubbed her finger gently on his neck, to which the bird closed his eyes. I chuckled seeing my little abeja so happy.

"Ok, you put this on like this. This is so you can take him out and let him stretch his wings and fly a bit for some exercise." The woman told Nevah, she nodded following the instructions of putting on this harness type thing.

Once that was all done, and Nevah had it on the bird herself, we said goodbye to the woman and left. My girlfriend with the parrot on her shoulder with huge smile on her face.

"Are you happy baby?" I asked her when I put the cage in the car and put my arms around her waist.

"Y-yeah. Thank you." She leaned up on her toes and pressed a kiss to my lips. I smiled at her when we pulled away.

"It's ok. He's to say sorry for going to that stupid party anyway. And a friend to talk to when you don't want to talk to anyone else. A companion to tell all your problems to when you need it." I smiled softly at her.

"Thank you Xavier." Nevah smiled back at me. "What a-about Danny and m-Memphis?"

"While you were talking to my mum, I asked them if I can get you one. He'll be a great addition to our family like you will be." I told her.

Once we both got back to my grandparents house, we went inside to see everyone there. When I mean everyone, I mean everyone. Alfie, abuela Martha, grandma Karla, Diana, Abuelo, grandpa, mum, dad, liana, hope, Bella, Finn, Devyn, Gabbie, Christian, autumn, cole, Sebastian, Kirsty, Lewis, Ivory, Jamie and Liam as well. All my aunts, uncles, grandparents, siblings and my cousin.

"Welcome to the family." They all smiled widely at Nevah. I set the bird cage down and took Apollo on to my shoulder while Nevah hugged everyone.

"Welcome to the crazy family, you'll get used to it." Lewis told her with a chuckle.

We all sat down and ordered pizza for lunch. Nevah had Apollo on her shoulder while Abuelo and grandpas German Shepard, Hurley, watched it. Apollo flew on the table and started looking at Hurley. He put his nose out and started sniffling the bird, only then to lick its beak and run off.

"Are you happy?" I held Nevah close to me

"V-very." She nodded. I leaned down and pecked her lips a few times.

At least I have my family complete now... well, almost.