65. It's a...

Xavier POV

"Ready to go baby?" I looked at Nevah. She got up and nodded, her hand resting on her baby bump. Now being 24 weeks pregnant, Nevah is glowing and slowly giving up. She doesn't want to be pregnant anymore, she wants the baby to come quickly so we can start our family, but like the patient girl she is, she's waiting.

When we got to the hospital, we signed in and waited for Nevah's midwife to call her in. After ten minutes, Nevah's name was called so we both got up and followed the midwife into the room.

"Ok Nevah, how is the baby? Any questions? Do you feel like there's something out of the ordinary?" The midwife asked.

"I don't think so. I've been feeling the baby kick. He moves a lot when Xavier talks so I haven't got any worries. I think everything is ok so far." My wife told the woman.

"That's good. So baby's been active, what about you? Have you been going on walks, eating healthy?"

"Yep. Xavier and I go to watch the sunset when it's cooler on the beach. It's nice because not that many people are there either." Nevah replied. "And I've been eating what is good for the baby. My mum in law is very persistent." She giggled.

"At least you have someone to make sure you're eating healthy. As long as you don't have junk food all the time, or a balanced diet you'll be fine. Let's get started shall we?"

Nevah lifted her T-shirt up so the midwife could put some gel on. I held Nevah's hand as we waited for our baby to come up on the screen.

"There." The woman mumbled to herself and turned the screen so we could see our baby. Nevah's hand tightened around mine, so I gave her a reassuring squeeze.

"Would you like to know the gender or guess yourselves?" The woman asked us.

"Could you actually put the gender on a piece of paper? Our family want to throw us a gender reveal." Nevah asked her.

"Of course. Everyone loves a good gender reveal." She smiled. She got a piece of paper and a small envelope and slipped the gender in. "Here you go, and I'll be back with pictures."

"I really want to look." I told Nevah.

"So do i." She giggled. "But we've waited this long, I'm sure we can wait another day."
~~~~~~~~

"I'm so excited." Nevah smiled at me. We were in the garden of our own home with baby pink and baby blue balloons everywhere. A cake on the table with a pink and blue shoe on the top.

"Same

"Same. I can't wait to see what we're having." I rubbed my hand on her bump. A kick came to my hand making me smile and Nevah hug me.

"Ok, come on love birds. Let's see what's baking in that oven." My dad chuckled. Before we cut the cake, mum got a picture with Nevah and I stood with it for our baby book. Nevah is doing a photo album in a scrap book for our future baby. Adding little notes as well for our baby to read one day.

"Ok, let's cut it." I looked down at Nevah. We both held the knife like we did at our wedding, and cut a piece of the delicious treat.

Tears came to my eyes when I saw the bright colour of the cake. Nevah turned and hugged me as I kept my eyes on the cake with my arms around my wife.

"Our little boy." I smiled with a small laugh, tears falling down my cheeks as I put my hand on her bump.

"Our baby boy." Nevah smiled as well. Her cheeks soaked with tears. I leaned down capturing her lips in a kiss. Bright baby blue food colouring placed in the middle of the cake showing us the gender of our baby.

"What is it?" Everyone asked other than Finn. We gave him the responsibility to get the cake and to know the gender since he wouldn't tell anyone. I knew he could keep a secret whereas everyone else would let it slip.

"We got a little boy." I called out. Cheers sounded as I kissed my wife again with a hand on her bump feeling our son kick.

"I love you. And our baby boy." I pulled away from Nevah.

"I love you to. But I love him more." She giggled.

"I know you do. And I don't mind that one bit, because guess what? I love him more than you to." I chuckled. "Now my family is complete."

"Our family is complete." Nevah placed a hand on my cheek and the other on my hand over her bump.

"Our family." I nodded.