Buddy - Steven Adler

Pairing: Steven Adler x reader

Words: 759.

Request: I would love a fluffy Steven Adler one-shot where the female reader is his wife and they have a 4 year old daughter and they adopt a dog and it's a golden retriever and the kid names him Buddy

A/N: This made me soft! Sorry this got short. Tell me if you guys liked it :)

x

It was a spring afternoon in Los Angeles. You and your family strolled the city streets, returning home after spending a few hours at your favorite ice cream shop.

Beside you was Steven, your husband, Chloé, your daughter was on his shoulders, trying to get the leaves from a tree she had passed by.

"Look, mommy! A puppy!! " She pointed to a veterinary clinic across the street.

"Do you want to go see the puppy, Chloé?" You exchanged looks with your husband, who smiled in your direction approving the gesture.

"Yes!" She said excitedly.

Crossing the street, Steven placed her gently on the floor and she quickly ran towards the shop window, where an adoption paper was taped to the glass.

Several Golden Retriever puppies played with each other, except for one. He was standing in front of the window, his tail going from side to side with joy when your daughter placed both hands against the glass.

The puppy barked and did a spin, as if asking her to play with him, making her giggle.

"Can I play with him, daddy?"

"Of course, sweetie." He said smiling.

You entered the place and she ran to the puppies, rubbing his fur and smiling.

"It's soft." She giggled.

"It's soft, isn't it, daughter?" Steven bent down beside her, playing with the little dog.

"Good afternoon!" A brunette woman appeared, she was wearing a lab coat where Nancy - veterinarian could be read.

"Good afternoon! I hope you don't mind, our daughter wanted to see the puppies. " You shook her hand, offering her a smile.

"Oh no, of course not. They need company, I am always busy inside and I end up not being able to stay here with them. "

"I understand." You smiled pleasantly before turning your eyes to your daughter and husband.

The puppy was licking her face now while Steven laughed at the scene.

"The family could not keep the puppies, so they asked if they could leave them here so that someone could adopt them." The vet explained.

"It is a pity. I hope they find a home soon."

"Can we keep him?" Your daughter asked, turning her attention to you.

You looked at Steven and he smiled towards you, he loved dogs.

"Hmm I don't know, what do you think, Ste?"

He got up walking towards you. "I think it could be a good idea, we are always working and she needs a company."

You looked at Chloé who was smiling playing with the dog's ears. The scene made your heart melt.

"Yeah, I think you're right." You smiled at him. "Let's keep that one."

"Great! I'll get a form for you to fill out." Nancy smiled before going behind the counter and getting some papers.

You started filling out the questions in the form, smiling when you heard your husband ask:

"What name are you going to give him, Chloé?"

"Buddy!" She said excitedly and the puppy barked in response.

You could tell that she was smiling just by the sound of her voice.

Arriving home, your daughter sat on the living room floor. "Come here, Buddy!" She made a gesture with her hands, encouraging the dog to go to her.

Running, the little dog failed to slow down long enough, ending up falling awkwardly on her lap, making you and Steven smile.

Chloé spent the rest of the afternoon playing with Buddy, within minutes the two had become inseparable. She even wanted to skip dinner to continue playing with him, but after a few minutes, Steven convinced her to eat.

When her bedtime came, you went upstairs while you were carrying Buddy in your arms because he didn't know how to climb them yet.

Lying on the bed, Steven arranged her blankets, giving a good night kiss on her forehead.

"Daddy, can I sleep with Buddy?" She asked as she rubbed her eyes with tiredness.

Steven looked at you who walked slowly over to the bed, placing the puppy beside her.

"Good night, sweetheart." You kissed her good night.

"Good night, mommy." She hugged the dog, closing her eyes and falling asleep quickly.

Standing next to Steven at the bedroom door, you whispered. "Look at them." You wrapped your arms around his waist, hugging him from beside.

"I think she found a best friend." He whispered back, as he hugged you back, placing a kiss on the top of your head.

And then you two stood there, looking tenderly at how peaceful your daughter seemed to be with Buddy lying next to her.