Thursday Night - Izzy Stradlin

Pairing: Izzy Stradlin x reader

Words: 1,031k

Summary: You and Izzy have been best friends for a while, but you can't hold your feelings inside anymore. (fluff)

A/N: I know that I haven't been active recently and I'm sorry for that, these past days have been crazy 

It was a Thursday night, you were at your apartment and had gotten back from work just a couple of hours ago. You had showered, dressing your favorite pair of pajamas, making yourself a big mug of coffee while trying to decide what to eat.

You entered the living room, your feet almost making no sound against the floor with the fluffy slippers you were wearing.

Sighing in content, you sat on your white couch, suede welcoming your skin like an old friend. You rested your back against the arm of the couch, spreading your legs on top of the sitting area, a small content smile forming on your lips, you loved that feeling.

However, the least expected thing occurred that night. Your doorbell rang, making you frown. You weren't expecting anyone and it was fast past 8 already.

Getting up and placing the half-empty mug on the side table, you walked towards the door, looking through the peephole you frowned, even more, when you saw Izzy, your best friend. He never showed up without calling you first.

You opened the door, and Izzy rushed in without saying a word.

"Izzy? What's wrong?" You asked worriedly, closing the door behind him.

"I just...." He paced around for a few seconds before taking a deep breath and averting his eyes from the floor to your face.

"Ah, I don't know!" He moved towards the living room, plopping himself on the couch, his legs sprawled as he rested both his elbows on his knees, his hands holding his face.

You walked towards him, sitting by his side and touching his shoulder gently.

"It was a very stressful day. I was fucking pissed and left the apartment, I started walking, and when I realized I was in front of your door." He removed his head from his hands, looking at you.

His eyes were so tired, not because of the dark circles around his eyes that insisted on never leaving his face, but because of the way they shone, opaque and cold, like the cloud of smoke that usually surrounded him.

"It's okay."

Your words seemed to cause at least some peace on his mind, because his shoulders dropped a little and his posture got less tense.

"Come're." You patted your lap, smiling tenderly when he laid his head on your thighs.

He closed his eyes as you started running your hands through his hair, slow and delicate, feeling the softness of the threads while he just enjoyed the feeling. Your hand slowly taking away all the stress and frustration from him.

You were both so similar and so different at the same time, both held in a lot of emotions, both didn't talk that much, and whenever you lost your temper, you seemed to be the only one who could help one another.

You had been friends for a while, almost a year now, and slowly both of you realized that what happened between the two of you was not just a simple friendship. But putting it out with words was a hard task, with a high risk, and apparently, none of you wanted to take that risk.

Izzy wanted to say how much he enjoyed your gesture, how calm you made him feel, and how everything seemed to be perfect when he was with you, but he remained silent, just like you.

"Iz?" You asked after a couple of minutes, your voice low, not really sure if he was still awake.

"Huh?"

"Are you hungry?"

"Kinda... Are you?"

"Yeah." You giggled.

"What do you wanna eat?" He opened his eyes.

"What if we ordered some pizza?"

"Sounds good to me."

The pizza arrived half an hour later, when the two of you had found the cold beer bottles inside the refrigerator, drinking it while some random movie played on the TV.

Deciding to eat in the living room, Izzy placed the pizza box on top of the center table while you came back with two more bottles, sitting beside him on the floor while eating in comfortable silence, just talking when making small comments on the movie.

The time soon passed by, minutes turned into hours, and when you realized you and Izzy were slightly drunk, watching some romantic comedy on the TV while laughing loudly about some story.

"Oh, Izzy, I love your stories." You giggled, whipping some laughing tears from your eyes.

"I love your laugh." He said smiling, his eyes completely focused on you.

It could've been a simple compliment, but his words made you stop laughing, getting more serious while staring back at him.

"Why are we holding in?" He asked.

You giggled slightly, more to try to take the seriousness away than because you found his words funny.

"I don't know what you're talking about." You smiled.

He raised his eyebrows, looking at you suggestively.

The smile disappeared from your lips, you cleared your throat, looking towards the TV.

"I don't know." You said so low that it was almost a whisper.

He didn't reply and you used all your courage to finish your thoughts.

"I'm afraid that everything will change."

He touched your chin, making you look at him. "Things don't have to change."

His eyes were filled with the most beautiful glow you had ever seen and you couldn't help from touching his face delicately.

You averted your eyes to his lips, quickly looking back at his eyes, only to find them staring at your lips.

He slowly leaned down and you slowly moved towards him, until the two of you met each other in the middle of the way. Your lips touching each other in a simple and delicate kiss.

You pulled apart after a few seconds, staring at each other for a brief moment before your lips found each other again, this time in a more furious yet passionate kiss, transmitting all the words, thoughts, and feelings you had kept inside during all this time.

"Ok, yeah, maybe some things will change, but I personally liked this new update."

He smiled proudly, before you playfully rolled your eyes, pulling him closer and kissing him one more time during that night.