Heaven in Hell - Axl Rose

Pairing: Axl Rose x reader

Words: 1,060k

Summary: Lafayette can be hell to many people, but you and Axl managed to become each other's heaven.

A/N: Axl is going by the name of Bill. I kinda want to make a part two, with them going out or something...

You sat in the back of the classroom, your literature teacher going on and on about something you just couldn't care less about. Your notebook was empty, just like it had been the whole year, except for some small drawings that you'd make when bored.

Winter had arrived in the small Lafayette, sprawling shades of gray and dark green everywhere. You gazed through the window as the cold wind attempted again to enter the room, making the glass shake slightly beside you.

Everything seemed so slow, so lifeless, especially during the winter, the sun would shine less and less and so would you.

The only constant source of light you had in your life was him. His orange hair brightening everything around him, like Apollo, the Greek god of the sun, who'd ride a chariot bringing light to the world around him.

If only he could see himself as I do. You thought to yourself.

And so he entered the room, late as always. His brown flannel shirt contrasting with his light blue jeans as he slowly walked in, his gaze fixed on the floor as he approached the teacher, a small paper in his hand, probably justifying his delay.

The teacher scanned the paper quickly before taking a look at him.

"Sunglasses aren't allowed in this class, Mr. Bailey."

He stopped for a second, before silently removing the black sunglasses from his face.

"You have been fighting again, I see." The teacher said in disapproval as he saw Bill's purple eye, while the ginger's eyes crossed the room, meeting yours.

Pain. Sadness. Anger.

You could read all of that behind those green orbs.

The class finally came to an end, and you quickly threw all your material inside your backpack, crossing the classroom towards his desk in record time.

"It was him, wasn't it?" You leaned down, delicately touching his face and analyzing the damage his father had caused.

He didn't say anything, just grabbed his things and got up.

"I'm sicking tired of it." He finally spoke up as you walked down the corridors, his sunglasses now back at his face.

"I know, baby." You said quietly, taking his hand.

He stopped abruptly. "Fuck, I'm not in the mood for this bullshit, I don't wanna take another fucking class and pretend everything's perfect, pretend that everything's ok."

His voice was filled with so many emotions and tiredness that concernment washed over you.

"What do you mean?"

"I just... want to go away... from all of this"

You thought for a second, before looking around you, noticing no-one was around.

"Let's go then."

"What?" His eyebrows lifted a little in surprise.

"Come on, ginger."

Leading the way, you ran through some corridors before reaching the parking lot, a wave of relief sprawling over your body as the two of you didn't get caught. You quickly unlocked your car and soon enough the two of you were far away from that goddamn school.

The road had always been a friend of the two of you, leading you away from all of your problems and slowly, mile after mile, bringing you closer to your dreams, closer to your freedom.

There was a place about 20 minutes out of town, a large field, now empty due to the weather. The two of you would go there every time things became too much to handle. You'd lay on the back of your truck, and spend hours talking. Just like you did this time.

You were silently watching the grey clouds that covered the sky when he spoke up.

"I- I found something."

You didn't say anything, waiting for him to go on.

"Some papers...." He made a pause. "Fuck, I don't even know how to explain."

Laying on your side, watching his face as he frowned, trying to form words inside his head.

"He-he's not my father."

"Who?"

"Stephen..." He took a long breath. "I found these papers last night, and, fuck..."

He took a picture out of jeans' pockets and handed it to you.

There was a man in a car, he had short blonde hair and looked just like Bill.

"Bill-"

"That's not even my name." He interrupted you. "This- this is William Bruce Rose," He pointed at the picture. "I- I think he's my dad."

Your eyes went wide as you couldn't think of what to say.

"My name is William Bruce Rose Jr, Y/N." He turned on his side, facing you.

"What- why would they hide this from you?" You were starting to grow angry.

"Wish I had the answer for that."

"Is- is that why Stephen did this?" You asked in a calmer tone, slowly touching his purple eye.

"We got into a huge discussion, I wanted answers, they didn't want to give 'em."

"Oh, baby, I'm so sorry." Moving closer to him, you touched your forehead against his, sensing as his body relaxed with the contact.

He circled your waist with his arm, pulling you closer, and the two of you just laid there for a while, your eyes closed as you silently shared unspoken words.

"Fuck, how I hate my life." He moved a bit away from you. "Some days I don't even know why I was born in the first place."

"Hey, don't you dare say that again!" You pointed a finger at his face.

"You'll do great things, you'll get where no-one has ever gone to. I know it, I can feel it. You're special, Bill."

He scoffed. "I'm not good at anything, Y/N."

"That's bullshit. You sing like a goddamn angel, Bill! You give me the chills every time you sing at church."

"You think so?" His eyes shone with happiness and love as he listened to the words that left your mouth.

"Yes. God, how I wish you could see yourself as I do. You're magnetic, Bill, you were born for much more than this."

He smiled, leaning in to kiss you passionately.

"I love you." He whispered against your lips. "You're the only good thing about this place."

You smiled. "I love you too, baby."

"So you liked it when I sing, huh?" He asked after some seconds, smirking, to which you simply nodded while smiling.

He laid on his back, your head finding comfort on his chest as his arms brought you closer.

"Well, choose a song then."