Dance with me - modern Slash

This is from the Prompt Weekend

Words: 466.

Prompt: "I'm too sober for this." "You don't even drink." "Maybe I should start."

A/N: I changed a tiny little bit the prompt :) Also, if you want to get in the mood, listen to Thank You - Led Zeppelin (it's one of my favorite Zeppelin songs <3)

×

It was a Friday night, you and your boyfriend, Saul, had decided to have a romantic dinner at home. You told him you would cook your mother's lamb special recipe and that he'd be in charge of the dessert.

The two of you spent a good part of the afternoon cooking, listening to some blues record and kissing each other every once in a while.

You stopped for a moment, taking in the way his arm's muscles retracted while he cut the strawberries with a knife. You loved him so much.

Your relationship hadn't been an easy one, he was more than 20 years older than you and you had to face a lot of prejudice, even from your families. But here you were, together for almost six years now and every single day you knew you had made the right choice when you decided to accept Sauls offer seven years ago to go out for a coffee.

You loved waking up beside him every day, loved to hear his voice and loved to spend your time with him. In the beginning, his children were a little awkward with you, but now the three of you got really along together, always playfully annoying their father.

Once the dinner was ready, the two of you sat at the table and talked for hours while eating. He complimented your mother's recipe and you told him that you had loved his cheesecake, it was his first time making it, but the result was splendid.

After eating you sat in your living room, watching the fireplace and sharing old secrets while a Led Zeppelin record played in the background.

When Thank You started playing you got up, extending your hand for him to take. "Dance with me!" You gave him a bright smile, God, did he love your smile!

"Nah, I'm too sober for this." He refused while a small smile appeared on his lips.

"You don't even drink anymore!" You giggled.

"Maybe I should start." He joked, laughing, but he gave in, getting up.

He put both of his hands on your waist while you put yours behind his neck. And like that the two of you started swaying slowly, from one side to the other.

"If the sun refused to shine

I would still be loving you

When mountains crumble to the sea

There will still be you and me"

He mumbled the lyrics near your ear and you felt your heart melt. Saul had never been the most romantic kind, so whenever he did a simple thing to show you that he loved you, your heart would fill with the sweetest thoughts.

"I love you, Saul."

"I love you, Y/N." He replied, giving your lips a quick kiss before he kept singing the lyrics to you.