Champagne and Fireworks - Duff McKagan

Pairing: Duff McKagan x reader

Words: 1,499k

Summary: Y/N is invited to a New Year's Eve party at Axl's house, but she never thought she'd meet the blonde of her dreams there.

x

The cool weather had taken over Los Angeles when she got in a car to get to Axl's house. Driving for almost an hour and only stopping when he saw the great white walls that surrounded the property.

"Who is it?" Asked the voice on the intercom.

"Hi, it's Y/N." She shouted toward the small plastic box on the wall, smiling when the entrance gates started to open.

Walking slowly over an extensive lawn, Y/N found herself entering his house, it was the first time that she was invited to his property.

All the walls were white and the wood on the floors was a shade of brown so dark it could easily be mistaken for black. Also, there were crucifixes scattered on numerous walls of the house.

One crucifix in particular attracted her attention, it was huge, the size of a real person, with several small, almost imperceptible, details. She focused so much on her observation that she forgot that she was at a New Year's party and that there were other people in the place.

"This is my favorite one." His voice made her jump startled.

"Fuck, Ax! You scared me." She laughed lightly, placing her hand on her chest.

"Sorry, dear." He smiled, wrapping his friend in a hug.

"I'm glad you came! I'm finally going to introduce you to Steph." He said as he backed away.

"I really want to meet her." Y/N smiled.

Stephanie had been Axl's girlfriend for two years now, since 1990, but since his friendship with Y/N was recent, they hadn't met yet.

"Get champagne and make yourself at home. As soon as she arrives, I'll look for you." He grinned before going to greet other guests who arrived.

Deciding to accept the champagne offer, she walked over to a waiter with a tray, poking his arm lightly. He turned, smiling at her.

"Good night madam! Would you like a glass of champagne?"

"Yes please."

He lowered the tray to her height, while she slowly picked up a glass that appeared to be more expensive than her dress.

"Have you tried any of our appetizers today? We have a table full of them in the dining room." He pointed with his arm in the direction of the room.

"Thanks." She smiled in his direction and walked to the dining room, deciding to taste a cheese canape that looked delicious.

The dining room had huge windows, which overlooked the backyard, and through the wall-opening, she could see people coming and going through the entrance door.

A tall, blond man stepped out of a black car, striding down the sidewalk until he entered the door. He stopped a few steps after it, standing just in front of the opening in the wall.

He straightened his white blazer and put a Marlboro box in its inner pocket before running his fingers through its strands to remove them from his face.

It was him. Duff McKagan. Her favorite bassist and celebrity crush since 1987, when she first saw Welcome to the Jungle on TV.

Her eyes widened and she sighed heavily, eventually choking on the canape, entering a mini-state of despair for about 30 seconds, until she was sure she wouldn't choke to death. But when she looked, he was gone.