Give Me A Chance - Slash

Pairing: Slash x fem!reader

Words: 1,196k

Summary: You've made your biggest mistake, falling in love with your brother's friend who would never like you back. Or so you think.

A/N: George Michael's Careless Whisper was going in and out of my head while I wrote this lol

You looked at yourself in the mirror, applying some red lipstick on, remembering how you had managed to steal it from a nearby store some weeks ago.

Times were difficult and being one of the only people who worked, you had to put all your money into paying the bills.

Being Izzy's younger sister had its advantages, but sharing the apartment with four other dudes wasn't one of them. They were always drunk or high, yelling and laughing at anything, and you were lucky if you could come out of the shower and not find one of them using the toilet, since the apartment's locks didn't even work properly.

It was hard in the beginning, getting used to their personalities and habits, plus all the bitterness among themselves, but slowly, day after day, you started to like them, they started to feel like family, people you were comfortable to be around.

You liked Duff's jokes, and the way Steven would always keep you company when going to the beach, you liked the way Axl would come up with a different nickname for you every day, just to let Izzy pissed, always making you laugh. And oh, Izzy, how was it good to have him around, always looking up for each other.

But the one you had gotten closer to was Slash. You couldn't simply choose one thing you liked more about him... you loved everything. You loved the way he'd get excited and talk for hours about his passions in life, the way he'd always make you smile, the way he smiled, and how his curls bounced when he moved around.

You had fallen in love with him, long time ago, and you simply couldn't hold yourself from spending the last minutes of your day imagining how it would be to be with him, to be his, to feel his fingers against your skin, or to hear him calling you baby, or-

"Y/N!"

Duff's voice cut your thoughts.

"What?"

"Your date's here!" He shouted from the living room.

You sighed loudly, getting your purse and slowly walking towards the main door.

Slash didn't like you, he would always see you as Izzy's little sister, or so you thought....

So here you were, about to go on a date with Travis, your co-worker, who had been asking for a chance for months now.

"Call me if anything happens, ok?"

You gave Izzy a thumbs up, before opening the door.

Travis was leaning against his car, his arms crossed in front of his body as he looked at you, his mouth parting a little when he checked out your outfit.

"Ready?" He asked, opening the door for you.

"Yeah."

---

About an hour had passed since you arrived at the restaurant, you had already eaten and Travis was telling you what seemed to be the most exciting story about his childhood, but you just couldn't listen.

A song playing in the background made your mind travel to Slash's face, and then to his voice, and you silently damned the universe for being cruel enough to not give you a chance to be with him.

".... and you're not listening,"

Your head snapped towards Travis.

"Huh?.... Sorry, I was-"

"Thinking about someone else." He finished for you.

You didn't say anything. How could you justify yourself, being transparent enough that he knew you didn't really want to be there.

"I always wondered why you didn't give me a chance, and then Joan said you liked this guy, but I thought that maybe if we went on a date you'd... I don't know... start liking me, maybe?"

He laughed at himself.

"I'm- I'm sorry, Travis." You looked down.

"It's ok, Y/N. It's not your fault."

You looked back at him and took a deep breath.

Why can't things be easier? Why can't I just like someone who likes me? You thought.

"Do you want me to drive you home now, or do you want to get dessert first?" He offered you a smile, trying to lift your mood. "Their cheesecake is awesome! You gotta try it!"

You thought for a second.

"Hey, it's not because it didn't work out that we can't be friends." He shrugged.

"Cheesecake sounds good." You said after a few seconds.

---

You left your shoes by the door as you quietly walked to your room. It was around 9 pm and you were sure the boys had left for some nearby bar.

Entering your room you screamed startled when you turned the lights on and found someone on your bed, Slash, more precisely.

"Slash! What the hell are you doing here?"

He looked up at you through his curls, placing a bottle of cheap whisky on your night table. He seemed as startled as you, as if he didn't expect you to be there so soon. He had a piece of paper that looked like a picture in his hand.

"Shit, sorry, Y/N, I just..." He didn't seem to be drunk, even though the bottle was half empty.

"It's okay."

You placed your bag on a dresser before sitting on the edge of your bed.

"What're you doing here, Slash?" You asked quietly.

"I was just... looking at this picture."

He moved to sit beside you, showing you a picture of the two of you together.

"It's a good picture." You smiled, remembering the day it had been taken.

"Yeah..."

There was silence for a second, both of you staring ahead, avoiding each other's gaze, too afraid that the other would be able to read your eyes and see all you had been hiding.

"How was your date?" He asked.

"It didn't work out." You said after some seconds.

"Shame." He looked at you.

"Yeah." You looked back at him.

You stared at each other for what seemed like forever and then he slowly started to lean in, his face so close to yours that you could feel his hot breath against your face, so you closed the distance between the two of you, kissing his lips delicately.

Soon he deepened the kiss, his tongue invading your mouth as his hands pulled you closer. You could taste the whisky in his tongue as it explored every inch of your mouth.

"Give me a chance." He said when you pulled apart. "I know that I'm not boyfriend material and that you deserve someone much better, but if you give me a chance, I promise you that I'll make you happy."

You would never be able to describe the happiness that filled your heart when you heard that. A huge smile appeared on your face and for a second you thought you would cry. That was all you had ever wanted to hear and you couldn't believe that it was true.

"I- I thought you didn't like me back."

"Of course I do! I always did. But I knew that Izzy would get pissed and that I would end up hurting you- but, Y/N, I swear that I won't, I'll give you my best! I promise!"

"I know, Saul, I believe in you." You cupped his face with your hands, pulling him closer for another kiss.