Scotch Whisky and Fireworks - Slash

Pairing: Slash x reader

Words: 1,455k

Summary: It's your first New Year's Eve with Slash and you decide to invite him to spend it with your friends in England. (fluff)

x

It all started in August 1988, Guns n Roses was in England to participate in the Monsters of Rock festival and they couldn't be more excited. Only major bands participated in the festival and despite being their first tour, the band had been requested.

Slash was smiling, drinking a beer while walking backstage, greeting some people he knew and smiling at his greatest idols there.

He was so excited that he didn't even pay attention when making a turn, bumping into a girl and pouring a good deal of his beer on her.

He looked up, meeting her eyes, and embarrassment washed over his body. She was beautiful and he had just soaked her shirt with a cold beer. What a great start. He thought.

"I'm sorry." He said, preparing to hear her complaints, but she didn't complain or yelled, instead, she smiled.

"Don't worry 'bout it! It's all right. I have another t-shirt in the car."

Her accent left no doubt, she was English.

That was the beginning of what seemed to be a dream. Slash had never felt so happy in his life, he had never felt that way about anyone.

It was a complicated relationship, they both knew it. Slash was on tour and she was an actress, busy with recording a movie. But they made it work.

Whenever she could, she would travel to Slash and they would spend a few days together, always suffering when they had to separate their ways again.

He loved her. He got sure of that when she came to visit him for the second time. They went out to eat and she stopped halfway to play with a dog, and at that moment he had no doubts, his heart belonged to her.

When the tour finally ended, she traveled to Los Angeles, staying with Slash for about 20 days. The best 20 days of his life.

Each day beside her was like a spring morning, full of life and colors and flavors, and even though it was difficult, she left, taking a flight to spend Christmas with her parents in England.

Before leaving, however, she convinced him to spend new year's eve with her and her friends in his hometown, London.

"Oh c'mon, it'll be ace!" She smiled, she was sitting on his lap, her face just inches away from his.

"Ah, I don't know, I don't know anyone there."

"You know me, Saul!"

"What if your friends don't like me?"

"Believe me, love, they will!" She smiled before giving him a small kiss.

So here he was, standing in front of her apartment door at 9 pm on December 31st.

Nervousness took over his body, Slash could never help feeling insecure beside her, after all, she was beautiful, independent and cool and he always had a little fear in his chest when they weren't together. A fear that she would find someone better than him and leave him.

Gathering all the courage he had, Slash rang the doorbell. A few seconds later the door opened and the girl who filled his mind every night appeared, smiling before throwing herself into his arms for a tight hug.

Stepping away after a few seconds she wrapped him in a passionate kiss, whispering "Hi" when they parted ways.

"Hi, sweetheart." He smiled shyly.