A Hell of a Week - Duff McKagan

This is from the Prompt Weekend

Words: 590.

Prompt: "Welcome back. Now fucking help me."

×

This week seemed to be conspiring against you. To start, your boyfriend, Duff, was away on a tour with his band and you hadn't seen him in almost four months.

On Monday your high heels broke when you were going to work and you had to spend the whole day walking in some flip flops your coworker borrowed you.

On Tuesday you did your laundry, as per usual, but when you got the clothes you realized that your red bra had gotten in the machine alongside the white clothes, that now looked more like a baby pink.

Wednesday arrived and to avoid breaking another heel, you drove to work, but you forgot that you weren't allowed to park on that side of the street on Wednesday, and got a parking ticket for that.

On Thursday you were just begging the skies that the week would end soon. Your alarm didn't ring in the morning and you got late to a reunion, which your boss didn't like at all.

To finish off, on Friday you went for a happy hour with your friends, you were sitting at the bar, drinking and having fun, but that's until your skirt ripped open and you had to go back home early.

So when Saturday arrived you woke up showing the middle finger to the universe. In the afternoon you went grocery shopping and was finding it weird that nothing had happened already.

When you got back to the building, you got all the six packages on your arms, throwing your purse on your shoulder and climbing all the five flights of stairs. You stopped in front of your apartment and struggled to open your purse without dropping anything, but the keys simply weren't there.

You growled out loud. "You've gotta be fucking kidding me!" You hit your head against the door cursing under your breath.

"How do you look so hot when you're angry?" A man's voice startled you.

Without looking to the side you showed the person your middle finger. "Have you seen this finger today?"

"Nope, not today. But I have to admit that I missed it, just like I missed the rest of you." The man was closer now, close enough for you to realize it was Duff.

You looked at him and he gave you a kind smile. He looked tired. His hair was longer and its roots were brown again.

"You know, I was expecting a better reception! At least a "Welcome back baby!" He said sarcastically, he loved to annoy you.

You rolled your eyes. "Welcome back. Now fucking help me."

He smiled at you. "Alright, gimme those." He gestured for you to give him some of the packages, which you gladly did.

"Do you have your keys? I think I left mine in the car."

"Yeah, they're right.... here!" He stopped while he searched inside his jacket pocket, grinning when he touched the cold metal keys.

Once you were inside he helped you put the groceries in their places and then asked if you wanted some tea, to Which you nodded smiling a little. You were feeling bad for having talked to him like that.

"Here." He placed the mug on the living room table.

"Sorry I talked to you like that. It's been a rough week."

"It's fine, I get that. Now, why don't you hug me huh? I missed you like hell these past months!" He opened his arms and you hugged him taking in his scent and allowing yourself to get calm.

"I missed you too, babe!"