Bad at Following Rules - Duff McKagan

This one is from the Prompt Weekend

Words: 483.

Prompt: I told you not to fall in love with me. (angst)

×

You woke up finding your bed empty. It was like this every time.

You and Duff had been friends for over and year when you had sex for the first time. You were both drunk after a party and got horny with the booze.

After the embarrassment faded you two decided to have a "Friends with Benefits" thing, seeing that the two of you were single.

It was supposed to be simple. Only 3 rules:

1- No love gestures (no kissing, cuddling, etc).

2- No sleeping together.

3- No feelings.

You and Duff have created these rules together, you could still remember when he jokingly told you not to fall in love with him. You both laughed as it was impossible to happen.

Or that's what you thought.

It has been a few weeks now since you just couldn't stop thinking about him. He was your first thought every morning, especially in the ones after a night of pleasure.

You would spend the whole day remembering his touch, his smell and the way he said your name before hit his climax.

You knew you shouldn't be feeling like that and you hated yourself for not having control over your feelings.

But what could you do if you were bad at following rules?

So here you were, in front of his apartment door at 10 in the night, waiting for him to open. You needed to talk to him!

"Y/N? I didn't know you were coming!" He opened space for you to enter the apartment.

"Missing me already?" A smirk appearing on his lips.

You took a long breath.

"Actually, I need to talk to you."

He looked at you with a worried expression.

"Okay, take a seat."

You sat beside him on the couch and before you could think you were already telling him.

"I know you're gonna hate me for this, but I can't help it and I need to tell you before I freak out!"

He looked at you expectantly.

"Fuck... I-I love you, Duff! I know this wasn't the deal, but I do!"

He looked shocked.

For a few seconds, all he did was blink and then he turned his head away from you, looking to the floor while running his hand through his hair.

"Say something.... Please." Your voice was almost a whisper.

He looked you in the eyes before touching your face delicately.

"I told you not to fall in love with me."

That was it, at the moment you knew he didn't feel the same. You knew you were fucked.

"Maybe we should stop seeing each other for a while. Just until... you... feel better." He suggested, not really knowing what to say.

"Yeah..." You cleared your throat. "You're right! Sorry for bothering you."

You got up and left the apartment before he could say anything, walking down the stairs while hot tears left your eyes.