Chapter 19 - American Beauty / American Psycho

Comenzar desde el principio

“Should I bother standing up again?” He asked glaring up at me. “Every time you storm through that door with that frightening glint in your eye, your abusiveness gets worse. I’m waiting for the day you come knocking with an arsenal of hunters weapons.”

“Don’t tempt me.” I said sternly. “Why am I friends with a psychotic mass murder?” I mutter to myself, seriously questioning my life decisions.

Ex mass murderer.”

“There’s no such thing as an ex mass murderer, Peter. You could rescue every puppy, kitten, and tea cup pig that steps foot inside a shelter and you would still be a mass murderer!” He rolled his eyes at me. “And you killed someone just last night, so please tell me what your definition of an ex mass murderer is.”

“It was self-defence.” He shrugged.

“Noooo…. Self-defence would have been if you killed him when he was trying to kill you, but instead you and all your psychotic glory decided to stalk your nephew to find The Mute and then you clawed his throat out as he was being arrested, WITH HIS HANDS CUFFED!” I yelled a little over the last part, “And get off the floor, you look ridiculous.”

“If I do will you knock me down again?”

“Only if you argue the point.”

“Fine then,” He jumped up and this time straightened his shirt, “how about a change in topic?”

“I wasn’t aware there was another topic to discuss. I came here purely for the reason of kicking your ass.” I said with a grin.

“Shifting.” He ignored me.

“Shifting…? What?”

“You haven’t done it since that one time you turned into a wolf. You need to learn to do it at will.”

“And now is the perfect time?” I questioned. “Really?”

“If you’re attacked by of these assassins it will help you.” He had a point. And there was nothing else I could do today. Kira and Malia were helping Lydia and Scott and Stiles were catching Liam up. “Come on, we can’t do it here.” Peter headed for the door.

“Where are we going?”

“The preserve. You’re driving.” He said.

“The woods, of course. I wouldn’t expect anything less from you.” I said as I ran behind him, closing the door as I went.

When we were driving Peter began his interrogations. “Are you still having nightmares?”

“Yes.”

“How often?”

“Every night, but Scott stops them. I don’t even remember having one last night and that happens a lot, but if I ask Scott he always says that he was able to stop it before it started.”

“How does he do that?”

“I don’t actually know. He’s just somehow able to stop the darkness. The connection is stronger on his end than mine. I think it has to do with him being alpha.”

“Can he see what you’re dreaming about?”

“No, nothing like that and we’re not telepathic or anything, it’s more just a sense of emotions and how far away the other is. We can find each other without having to ask where the other is, but again it’s a sense of which direction and how close. I wouldn’t be able to just point it out on a map.”

“What are the dreams about?”

“I told you this before.”

“I want to hear it again.” He stated.