Together Breakfast

At the beach house, Steven opened the window to watch the sunrise.

"Everyone's out." Steven said. "Guess I'm makin' us breakfast."

Steven rummages his kitchen to make a perfect breakfast, starting with a stack of waffles with lots of syrup on them.

Later, he knocked on the temple door.

"Pearl, Garnet, Amethyst? Is anyone home?" Steven called out before he turned around with a determined look on his face. "Hm!"

Steven then microwaved some popcorn and dumped them over the waffles.

Next, Steven sat in front of the Warp Pad in patience.

"One, two, three, warp in!" Steven said, before he fell over to his side and sighed. "I guess they're still out saving the world."

Steven then sprayed a mountain of whipped cream on top of the waffles.

"Look at you, you are out of control!" Steven said to his breakfast before he opened the front door of the house. "Pearl? Garnet?!" But nobody was there, that made him go back inside.

Steven continued to improve the breakfast by taking a strawberry and carefully places it on top of the whipped cream. He then lifted the breakfast up in triumph.

"It's done!" Steven cheered.

"What's done?" Ezra asked as he came out of the bathroom with a robe and a towel on his head.

"Oh, Ezra!" Steven said as he showed the breakfast to his best friend. "While you were in the shower, I made this!"

"Breakfast? Sweet." Ezra smiled as he sat on a chair to the deck. "What's it called?"

"I don't know." Steven replied as he set it down on the table. "This thing's too good for me to eat alone. It's a...Together Breakfast."

"Nice name." Ezra complemented.

The Warp Pad suddenly beamed in, that startled Steven. Garnet then appeared from the warp stream, carrying a scroll in her hand.

"Ah, Garnet, perfect!" Steven smiled as he picked up the Together Breakfast. "Check it out! It's not exactly healthy, but it's in a stack, so I guess you could say, it's a... balanced breakfast?"

Garnet didn't react to his joke, that became a little awkward.

"You know, like I made us all breakfast." Steven continued. "I thought we could eat together. Like, like best buds!"

"I can't stay." Garnet said. "There's business to attend to inside the temple."

Garnet shined her gems at the Temple Gate and it opened.

"Aw, business? Like what?" Steven asked as he set the Together Breakfast on the kitchen counter.

"I have to burn this." Garnet replied as she unfurled the scroll that revealed strange mystic symbols and ominous whispers were heard.

"Cool!" Steven said before he took a photo of the scroll with his smartphone and Garnet snatches it away. "Ah!"

"I have to burn this, too." Garnet said before she left into the temple and the Temple Gate closed behind her.

"No, my apps! Door!" Steven cried out as he ran up to the gate. He lifted up his shirt to press his gem against it. "Open, door!" But nothing happened. "Aw, you never work when I need it."

Steven walked back to Ezra, dejected.

"Well, you needed a new phone anyway." Ezra said, trying to be encouraging.