House Guest

At the It's a Wash, Pearl was examining Greg's broken van, while Garnet and Amethyst leaned nearby against the building.

"Wow." Pearl said as she looked at the engine of the van. "Those water constructs really did a number on Greg's van. Hmm..."

Pearl looked at a broken tube.

"Ah, give it a rest, Pearl." Amethyst said. "That thing will be busted forever."

"I completely disagree." Pearl replied. "It's just a simple human machine. I'm sure that I can figure this whole thing out before you know it!"

"Hey guys!" Steven called out.

Steven and Ezra walked over as Greg scooted over on a movable chair with a hockey stick, that carried a toolbox.

"Zoop! I got something that will patch this van up real good!" Greg said before he looked inside the toolbox.

"Is it some kind of complex human tool?" Pearl gasped.

"Yup, high-quality duct tape!" Greg replied as he showed Pearl a roll of duct tape. "Some well placed duct tape can patch anything up in a pinch, see?" He pointed to his broken leg, with a ruler duct-taped to it.

"Why didn't he use bandages?" Ezra asked Steven, quietly.

"I'm sure that I can fix this without your 'tape'." Pearl said.

"Well, gee, at least let me give you a hand." Greg insisted as he struggled to stand up.

"Ah! Dad, be careful!" Steven warned, but Greg failed to stand and he sighed. "I'm sorry that you hurt your leg and that your van got smashed up because of me."

"You apologize too much." Greg said as he pat Steven's head. "Maybe I shouldn't have tagged along in that crazy adventure. But at least I got to spend some time with my fave guy!"

"What if you stayed with us until you got better?" Steven suggested.

"Hey, that's a great idea!" Greg agreed. "But, won't I get in the way of your training-."

"Yes!" Pearl interrupted, quickly.

"Wait, Steven. Don't you have healing powers now?" Amethyst asked.

"Oh, right, yes! You fix Greg, I'll fix the van." Pearl smiled, nervously before she mumbled under her breath. "Nobody has to live with us."

"Yeah! Mm-hmm! Here goes something new and exciting." Steven gasped before he licked his hand. "And... go!" He pat his saliva-covered hand on Greg's broken leg. "Okay, you should be better now."

"Okay, if you say so." Greg replied before he tried to stand up, but failed again.

"Why didn't it work?" Steven asked.

"I don't know." Ezra replied.

"Hey, sorry, buddy." Greg said. "Maybe you just need a little more practice."

"But... I was doing so well before!" Steven said.

"Steven, don't worry about it." Pearl reassured. "Your powers are a bit fickle, after all."

"Just give it a bit more time." Garnet added.

"Let me try something." Ezra insisted before he walked to Greg's leg and inhaled deeply as his hands were clasped together. "Iyashi tengoku."

Ezra's hands suddenly glowed bright teal and clasped them together at Greg's leg as his leg radiated at a teal glow before the glowing fades away from Ezra and Greg's leg. Steven and the Gems looked at Ezra in awe.