Political Power

At the open beach near the Crystal Temple, Pearl set down a makeshift device on the sand and examined it.

"Hmm, this spot should be safe." Pearl said before she shouted to a distance. "Amethyst, do you have the robonoid?"

Amethyst kicked the robonoid over to Pearl as Garnet followed her.

"Yeah, don't worry about it." Amethyst said.

"Amethyst, I just repaired that." Pearl complained, annoyed.

Amethyst stepped on the robonoid, as it activated and tried to get up.

"Yeah yeah, it's fine." Amethyst smirked.

"Ugh! Okay, we have everything we need for the experiment and the boys are fast asleeeep?!" Pearl said.

Pearl looked down and saw Steven, who suddenly stood in front of her. Ezra was by Steven's side.

"Hey guys." Steven and Ezra greeted with waves.

"Steven! It's way past your bed time!" Pearl said. "Ezra, why are you up too? You both should really go back to the house!"

"What? I don't want to miss... whatever this is." Steven insisted.

"What is this again?" Ezra asked.

"Pearl got lonely, so she made herself a robot friend." Amethyst replied.

"It's not a robot friend, it's a robot disruptor. It should produce a localized energy blast so when Peridot shows up to... meet with us, we'll have something that can knock out all her robonoids." Pearl explained as she placed the robonoid in front of the device. "Now stand back everyone!"

Pearl pressed a button on a remote control and the device activated. It then emitted a powerful EMP blast that knocked the Crystal Gems off their feet and shut off all electricity in Beach City

"We did it!" Steven cheered.

The robonoid, seemingly inactive, got up unaffected. Amethyst moaned in disappointment and Garnet facepalmed.

"Well, you knocked out all the lights in town." Steven said.

"That's splendid." Ezra commented, sarcastically.

"Steven, that was not the point of the-." Pearl sighed, a bit embarrassed. "Alright, that was a start! Now I'm going to need to take some parts out of the washing machine. Boys, you might have to wear the same shirts for a while."

"No problem." Steven replied.

Steven took off his shirt, to reveal a second similar shirt underneath. The Gems stared at him, speechless.

"I can always make clothes with my magic." Ezra added.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the morning at the Beach House, Steven and Ezra woke up in the morning in their bedrooms. Steven walked to the refrigerator, half asleep and yawned, and reached for a pack of Microwavable Crying Breakfast Friends in the freezer. He then popped it in the microwave and pressed a button to turn it on, but nothing happened.

"What's wrong with the microw-?" Steven asked.

Steven opened the microwave by accident, that hit himself in the face.

"Ow! Ugh...!" Steven moaned as he took the thawed food pack out of the microwave. "What is the meaning of this?!"

"Buddy, power's still out, remember?" Ezra reminded.

A loud knock was suddenly heard at the door and Steven went to open it.

"Mayor Dewey?" Steven said.

Ezra rolled his eyes in annoyance.