Maximum Capacity

At Beach City, Steven and Greg chat about fireworks and walked down the street toward the U-Star, as they carried a cardboard Greg.

"And I really like the ones that shoot up kind of spirally with the long tails." Steven said.

"Steven, I'm slipping." Greg said. "Hold that end up a little more."

"Oh, sorry." Steven apologized.

"That's okay." Greg assured. "I'm not sure the 'Summer Wax Special' sign was that effective anyway. But I can't bring myself to throw myself out. Might as well store it for the rest of the winter."

"So, which firework is your favorite, Dad?" Steven asked.

"Oh. Uh, I don't know." Greg responded. "I just like watching them together with you."

"Yeah, me too!" Steven blushed, happily. "I can't wait for New Year's Eve tomorrow. It feels like I've waited a whole year!"

"Well, you feel that way for a reason." Greg said.

Steven and Greg arrived at the U-Stor. Greg opened his storage unit and saw that it was filled to the brim with all sort of belongings and junk. He then held up a coil of hose and tried to see where it could fit. He placed it around the neck of a flamingo ornament in the front, and the junk pile rumbled and spilled out of the storage unit.

"Woah!" Steven and Greg exclaimed.

"I haven't really cleared this place out since your mom-..." Greg coughed. "Maybe this is good timing! A new year coming up... I should just get rid of all this stuff."

"I could take these off your hands." Steven insisted as he took a jacket and a sweater.

"That's a start, but I'll need a little more help than that and this guy's not gonna do it." Greg chuckled before he pointed to a cardboard Greg and scratched his head. "Who would organize a mess this big though?"

"Ah! I know just the Gem and mage!" Steven said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later that day, Steven came back with Ezra and Amethyst.

"Here's Amethyst and Ezra!" Steven announced.

"Sur-prise." Amethyst said.

"Hey, Greg." Ezra greeted.

"Oh." Greg muttered, awkwardly.

"Something wrong?" Steven asked.

"Well, no. I just... thought you meant Pearl." Greg replied, as he pushed back a box that was about to fall over.

"What?! I'm not letting Pearl see this!" Steven said. "Amethyst's room is full of junk. She knows how to handle a mess."

"I don't know about this." Greg said.

"Hey, man, it's cool. I've seen your junk before." Amethyst assured as she walked up to Greg and surveyed Greg's storage unit. "What you need here is a system; something to separate the trash from the garbage."

"Well, how 'bout this?" Steven asked as he wrote on a box.

"Huh?" Ezra, Amethyst, and Greg asked.

"I made organizational boxes." Steven explained as he pointed to three empty boxes in front of him. "This way we can sort everything into easy categories: keep, sell, burn. What do you think?"

"Good idea, buddy." Ezra agreed.

"I don't know if we should burn anything." Greg chuckled.

"You can always burn old math books." Ezra commented. "My sister Camilla always burned math books we didn't need."