Space Race

At a Wide spread hub called Galaxy Warp, the Crystal Gems arrived on a Warp Pad, that lead to a series of other Warp Pads.

"Woah." Steven said.

"Inactive." Garnet confirmed as she stepped on a Warp Pad.

Steven proceeded to paste a sticker of a crying apple on the Warp Pad.

"Inactive!" Amethyst confirmed as she jumped onto another Warp Pad.

Steven ran over and pasted another sticker on the Warp Pad, this time of a crying crossiant.

"Inactive." Pearl confirmed as she stood on another Warp Pad in disappointment.

Steven pasted another sticker of a crying pear on the Warp Pad.

"Do we have to check all of them?" Amethyst asked. "They're all still inactive, like always."

"We need to make sure." Garnet replied.

"I've never seen so many Warp Pads before!" Steven said before he got two stickers. "I hope I have enough of these Crying Breakfast Friends stickers. Where do all these Warp Pads go, anyway?"

"Yeah, what were these Warp Pads for?" Ezra asked.

"Well, boys, these Warp Pads were used to travel off-planet." Pearl explained after she sat on the Warp Pad she was standing on. "They were our connection to the Gem Homeworld and to Gem-controlled planets all over the universe."

"You mean we could go anywhere we want in outer space?" Steven gasped.

"Yeah... We could do that if they weren't all busted." Amethyst said.

"It's true." Pearl agreed. "The Galaxy Warp have all been inactive for thousands of years."

"Can't we fix them?" Steven asked.

"...No." Garnet said.

"It's fine." Pearl chuckled. "I'll always have my memories of other worlds. But now I'm here. On Earth. Forever."

"With me and Ezra!" Steven cheered.

"Right, with you and Ezra." Pearl agreed before she walked up to a broken Warp Pad. "It really is incredible out there, though. I wish you could see it, Steven."

Steven, who saw that the Warp Pad was visibly broken, pasted asticker of a crying waffle on it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At the It's a Wash, Greg and Steven were watching 'Crying Breakfast Friends!' outside. On-screen, various breakfast-themed characters were crying, such as Crying Waffle, Crying Pear, Sad Apple and Spilled Milk.

"Stay tuned for another episode of Crying Breakfast Friends!" The TV said.

"Yeesh. I must be getting old." Greg said. "I used to like cartoons."

"Hey, Dad, did you know the Gems used to travel all over outer space?" Steven asked.

"Yeah. They're pretty far out, son." Greg chuckled.

"I used to go to space, but that's a long story." Ezra said.

"I think Pearl really misses going out there." Steven said before he saw a comet print on Greg's van. "Guys, can you help me build a spaceship?"

"What?" Ezra asked in disbelief. "Buddy, we can't build a spaceship, it requires a lot of work and science."

"...You know, that might be a little outside my skill set." Greg added. "How 'bout a bunk bed with wings? I could probably do that."