Fusion Cuisine

At the Beach House, Steven and Connie were watching Under the Knife on the TV together in Steven's room.

"Doctor, it's my son. There was an accident. I-!" The lady cried.

"I know what we have to do. Nurse!" The doctor said.

"Yes, Doctor?" The nurse asked.

"Prep the patient for emergency surgery. We're gonna go... under the knife." The doctor instructed.

"Ugggggh! This show is so good! Aaah!" Connie screamed happily. "Thank you so much for letting me watch Under the Knife here, Steven."

"How come you can't watch the show at home?" Steven asked.

"My mom says this doesn't represent a real emergency room." Connie replied.

"How did his legs... get into... his brain?!" The nurse asked.

"She just doesn't understand that it's satire." Connie added.

Connie's phone then began to ring.

"Is that your phone?" Steven asked.

"It's probably my mom." Connie said as she retrieved her phone from her purse. "Called it." She put on her glasses, cleared her throat, and answered the phone. "Hi, Mother. It's Connie. Mm-hmm. Yes, ma'am." She looked at Steven. "I'm at the home of Steven Universe. Mm-hmm. Yes, ma'am. We're—we're just hanging out. Oh... Steven's parents. They're, uh—they're in the other room. You would like to talk to Steven's mom? Oh, okay. Hold on a moment."

"That's gonna be pretty hard since my mom gave up her physical form to make me." Steven said, worriedly.

"I can't tell her that!" Connie said as she covered her phone with her hand.

Steven and Connie both ran down the steps and toward Garnet, who was chilling on the couch in the living room. Ezra was in the kitchen and looked up from his phone.

"Garnet, quick! You have to pretend to be my mom to Connie's mom." Steven said before Garnet took the phone.

"Hello. This... is Mom Universe. Yes." Garnet said as she adjusted her visor. "The children are playing swords. Sorry— playing with swords."

"No...no!" Ezra whispered.

"They're bleeding." Garnet continued, that made Ezra give the cut it out signal. "Oh no, they are dead. Don't call again."

Garnet hung up the phone and returned it to Steven.

"Sorry, I panicked." Garnet apologized.

Steven and Connie both looked shocked while Ezra facepalmed with a moan.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later on, Steven was chatting with Connie on the phone while he and Ezra were dressing a cake in the kitchen.

"Aw, what do you mean, your mom won't let you come over?" Steven asked. "It's the midseason pre-finale of Under the Knife!"

"Steven, my parents are really upset." Connie explained from the phone. "They say they will not let me see you again until they meet both of your parents in person."

"Why did she say both parents?" Ezra asked, quietly.

"But that's impossible!" Steven said.

"I know, but they want both of our families to go out together for dinner." Connie explained.

"It sounds so... adult." Steven said as he was putting cheese balls on the cake. "I wonder if Fish Stew Pizza will take reservations for--." Steven stopped for a minute to count his fingers. "Pearl, Garnet, Dad, Ezra, Amethyst—. All nine of us."