An Indirect Kiss

At the Lighthouse Cliff, a gloomy Steven was lying belly-down on Lion's back and was carried up the cliff overlooking the Crystal Temple as Connie sat up a picnic on the hill.

"Steven, hurry up!" Connie said as she prepared the mat for the picnic.

Steven fell face-first off from Lion's back.

"Are you okay?" Connie asked.

"I'm fine..." Steven replied.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Connie asked before she handed Steven a sandwich from the picnic basket.

"Yeah..." Steven replied before he ate the sandwich sadly and slowly.

"Okay, uh... So, um... Is this fence new?" Connie asked as she pointed to the fence that was now surrounding the entire cliff.

"Uh, it's a long story." Steven replied.

"Is it a magic story?!" Connie asked.

"Mayybee?" Steven replied.

"Well, what happened?" Connie asked. "Tell me, please."

"Okay, okay." Steven said. "But it's not a happy story."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Earlier, Steven and Ezra were at a cliff side with Amethyst.

"Amethyst was horsing around, by the cliff."

"Amethyst, be careful!" Steven said.

"Steven, why are you getting so worked up?" Amethyst laughed before she made a mock-lovestruck face. "Why~? Do you care about me or something~?"

"Yes..." Steven replied, visibly worried.

"Ah, Steven, I didn't mean to make you—."Amethyst said before she pretended to fall backwards. "Woah, woah!"

"Whoa, be careful." Ezra warned.

"Amethyst, stop you're gonna fall!" Steven warned.

"Ooh... Steven! Ezra!" Amethyst giggled, still horsing around. "I'm gonna fa-all!"

"Amethyst, you're gonna get hurt!" Steven cried out as he chased Amethyst.

"Steven, please, I'm a Gem warrior, I'm not gonna fall-." Amethyst said as she stood at the edge of the cliff.

Ironically, the ground underneath Amethyst gave way and she fell off the cliff.

"Amethyst!" Ezra gasped.

"Ugh, this is so embarrassing." Amethyst complained with a facepalm before she got hit into a rock. "Ow!"

"A-Aahhh!" Steven screamed.

"I'm okay!" Amethyst shouted.

"So Ezra and I ran there as fast as we could."

Steven and Ezra ran all the way from the hill to the beach. Steven then collapsed next to Amethyst, who was feeling exhausted and panting heavily.

"You sure you're okay?" Ezra asked.

"Yes, Ezra, I'm fine." Amethyst replied. "Except for this!"

Amethyst pulled aside part of her hair to reveal an enlarged eye, when Pearl and Garnet came running over.

"Holy Mackerel!" Ezra yelped.

"Amethyst!" Pearl gasped.

"Ugh great." Amethyst groaned.

"Show me your gem!" Pearl demanded as she reached towards Amethyst.

"Fresh!" Amethyst said as she slapped Pearl's hand away.