Part 21

I think this part is something we'll all enjoy...if you haven't envisioned doing this to Hayley well...pretend you do not see it. Love y'all!

___

You were at the hospital sitting with your mom when your phone started ringing. It has been a week since she's been in and there's been no change. She's stable but still healing and it could be days, weeks, or months before she comes out of the coma. Looking at your phone you see that it's Hotch. You were supposed to be going to the meeting where his divorce was finalized. You felt uncomfortable about going, knowing you would have to see Hayley but you knew he needed the support and you wanted to give it to him. He hadn't pushed on admitting feelings or trying to make things more official so you thought it couldn't hurt. And as much as you hated to admit it, you were falling for him so it felt right to be there.

"Hey, I'm downstairs in front. Take your time though." His voice is gentle, making you smile.

"I'll be down in a minute."

"See you soon baby." He croons into the phone.

"See you soon." You grin stupidly. You liked, no loved, when he called you baby.

You kiss your mother on the head and make your way down the stairs, waving at the lady at the front desk. The two of you were on good terms now. As you make your way downstairs, your anxiety increases but you knew you couldn't show him that. You hop directly in the passenger seat and lean over to kiss him.

He pulls back and you can see the uncertainty in his eyes. "Hi." He smiles but the uncertainty is still there.

"Hi, how are you feeling?" You lace your fingers through his, pulling his wrist up to kiss it. He smile widens then and he leans in for another kiss.

"Better now that you're here." He kisses your wrist this time and butterflies invade your stomach. It would never get old.

"I can't say your ex-wife will feel the same." You joke and he laughs.

"Luckily her opinions don't matter to me anymore."

"If she says something to you, I will beat her up. No hesitation." You say seriously and his eyes widen, alarmed.

"Aisha, relax." He squeezes your hand.

"I'm joking!" You were definitely not joking. You hated that bitch.

"Are you?" He looks at you warily.

"Mostly!" You offer, hoping it'll ease his anxiety. The thought of punching her certainty eased yours.

"Jesus."

"You love that I'm like this." You croon, kissing his cheek. He leans into the kiss.

"Yeah I do." He glances over at you then and you feel your heart stop in your chest. "Don't freak out."

"I'm not freaking out." You lie, staring at the wind. But you were definitely freaking out a little.

__

"I hope you know he's just using you. You aren't the first college whore and you won't be the last." Hayley says nonchalantly as you all are exiting the the building. Just when you thought you were rid of her, she had to get the last word in. Or at least try to.

"Hayley, piss off." Hotch says, exasperated.

"You're such a bitter bitch, I can see why he wanted to leave." You step towards her.

"Aisha don't-" He tries to tighten his hold on you but you maneuver out of his arm.

"No, Aaron, it she has something to say she can say it directly to my face." He reaches for you and you push him away. You get right in her face, bending down to match her height so that your eyes meet. "Anymore stupid shit you have to say to me?"

"I think I've said enough but I did want to give you this." She looks down at her purse and for a second your confused. Your eyes flicker down to her purse and in that moment her hand comes up to give you a hard slap across the face.

Everything happens quickly. You lunge for her, pulling her head down with one hand and punching her with the other. She's screaming and so is Hotch but you're so angry you have no idea what either of them are saying. All you know is that you want to absolutely destroy this woman. Hotch's hands are strongly around you, prying your hand out of her hair and pulling you away.

"How'd you like that bitch!" You yell as Hotch drags you away from her, kicking your feet angrily in her directly.

She's recovering from your hits, fixing her hair, one hand clutched to the side of her face you hit. "You stupid whore!" Hayley steps forward, pointing her finger at you angrily.

"Hayley, I mean it, shut your fucking mouth!" Hotch is holding you tightly as you struggle to get out of his grasp so you can continue to fight. "Don't go anywhere, we need to talk." He gives her a pointed look.

"Whatever, Aaron. Control her!" Hayley gives you a sour smile before stalking to her car.

"I'm fine, you can let me go." You stop struggling for a moment and he lets you go. You immediately turn Hayley's direction about to walk after her when his arms circle you again.

"Aisha, what the fuck!" He starts to move you away, towards the car and you give up on struggling. Once you're at the car he lets you go.

"What the fuck? She literally slapped me across the face, you wanted me to just take it?" You shout at him incredulously. You can't believe his has the audacity to be angry with you.

"She's my ex wife, you can't just beat her up!" He shouts back. You've never seen him this angry.

Your eyes narrow at his words. "But I'm just the whore you're fucking so she can slap me and call me names, right?" Your hands are your hips. You couldn't believe him right now.

"Aisha, you're not some whore that I'm fucking. That's not fair. You know I didn't mean it like that." He rolls his eyes, running a hand through his hair.

"Did I? Because that's how it felt."

"You need to be rational right now. I'll unlock the car, go cool off. I'm going to go have a conversation with her." He was using his professor and you wanted to punch him too.

"Whatever, Aaron, go run to her again." You shake your head, a bitter smile on your face. His hand grasps your chin, tilting it so you have to look up at him. Despite everything that's just happened his eyes are gentle.

"Stop. You're trying to sabotage this, I know you don't mean it. You're hurt, I get it. None of those things she said were true. I think you know just how strongly I feel about you, but I don't want to scare you away. Get in the car and calm down and we'll talk about it then."

He was right but you didn't want to stay around for this. You were pissed off and him going to talk to her, regardless of it being about defending you was too much. You open your mouth to tell him you're leaving but the stern look on his face makes you shut it.

"Don't argue with me, Aisha. In the car. Now." His voice is no nonsense. He opens the door for you and you get in, crossing your arms. "Good girl. Let daddy take care of this." He bends down, giving you a kiss that makes you breathless, and desire unfurls in your lower belly.

You reach up, knotting your hands in his hair. "Don't go."

"I'll be right back baby, I promise." He kisses you again and then stalks away.