Part 20

The ride is about to start getting a bit bumpy. This is...just the beginning. Love y'all ❤️

__

Your phone is ringing and you groan loudly in protest. Hotch doesn't stir next to you, still sleeping peacefully. Hotch had cancelled Monday classes in order to stay an extra day in Nashville and you were grateful. You'd been able to take off work easily, Rossi was thrilled to know that you were still seeing the mystery guy, though you knew you were going to have to tell him the truth sooner, rather than later. There's light coming in from the window, so you know its morning but you aren't ready to get up yet. You pick up your phone to look at it; a picture of Sidney is on the screen.

"Hello?" You grumble sleepily, sitting up in the bed. You feel Hotch's hand on your back and look back at him. There's a lazy smile on his lips that makes you want to kiss him. You stick your hand out and he leans up, kissing your wrist.

"Aisha, your brother says he's been trying to call you and it goes straight to voicemail. He even called your boss." Sid's voice is annoyed. She knows how much you disliked your brother and you can't imagine it was a pleasant conversation.

"I blocked him. Why is he calling you and Rossi? What did he say?" Your eyebrows pull together, wondering what Logan could want.

"Your mom." She says cautiously.

"What about her?" Your heart starts to race, panic entering your voice. Hotch sits up now, his fingers lacing through yours, his face questioning. You shake your head at him, putting up a finger.

"She's in the hospital...she fell, Aisha. She's in a coma."

A pang of guilt hits you. You'd been avoiding her and your brother and now you couldn't even talk to her and tell her how sorry you were. They didn't understand your grief and that had severely impacted your relationship with the both of them.

"Which hospital?" Your voice is thick with tears.

"DePaul."

"I'm on my way."

"Let me know when you're close and I'll be there." Sid says.

"No it's okay, I'll call you if I need something." You didn't want this to be a big deal.

"Rossi's planning on being there, just to warn you in case Professor Hottie wants to come with you."

Oh god.

"It's time to get that over with anyway I guess." You run a hand through your hair frustrated. Hotch was technically your boyfriend already but telling Rossi would make it more real.

You hop out of bed, not thinking to fill Hotch in one what's happened. You're pulling clothing out of the drawer and quickly stuffing everything in the bag you'd brought.

"Aisha, what's going on?" Hotch is following you around as you pack. It's very reminiscent of the night you'd almost left him but you push that thought out of your mind. You were already worried about your mom and having to see your brother. To add to your anxiety, Rossi was going to find out about Aaron today.

"My mom's in the hospital, I have to go." You try to keep your voice void of emotion but the tears are spilling.

"Aisha, don't be ridiculously, I'm going with you." He sounds offended.

You shake your head, wiping away the tears as you pack up all your toiletries. "I know you wanted to see Emily again, it's okay, I'll book a flight or something." You know it's irrational but your commitment issues were starting to stir up.

"Hey, look at me." He grabs your hands and makes you face him. You look at him and his eyes are full of concern. "Don't try to push me away."

You heart flutters at his words. "Aaron...I'm scared." You pull one of your hands out his to wipe away more tears and cover your eyes.