Chapter 13: The Tank

Percy POV

I woke up to my back stinging. I had to blink my eyes several times before they got used to the lighting of the cell.

"Son? Are you awake?" a voice asked. I slowly sat up. My back protesting against the pain.

"Ya," I replied.

"How's your back?"

"It stings but beside that I'm good." I turned so I could face my dad. He look terrible. His hair was now grey and he looked older then I have ever seen him look. "Are you ok?" I asked him.

He nodded and said, "The chains are draining me of my power. If they were to put you in these chains... Well let's just say it won't be pretty."

Suddenly the door banged open. Fred walked in. I did the logical thing of asking him a question. "What's your name?" I asked, "I've been calling you Fred.

Fred smiled and said "My name is..... Fred."

"I'm like telepathic!" I said grinning.

"Sure. Now time for answers." A large tank filled with water was pulled in. Dad an I looked at each other and burst out laughing. "We'll see how long that grin stays on your face once you realize what is going to happen."

The two men from yesterday came over two me and dragged me to a ladder at the side of the tank. One of the guys pulled out a knife and poked my sore back with it. "Climb" he stated. So guess what I did. I climbed.

At the top of the ladder was a small platform. "Ok," Fred said walking over to a control panel that was connected to the tank. "I am going to say a word an you are going to say the first thing that comes to your mind. Got it?" I nod. "Good. First word. Life."

"Death."

"Death."

"Nico." Dad chuckled.

Fred shot him a look before saying, "blue."

"Food."

"Mom."

"Cookies." Dad laughed at that one.

"Sky."

"Drama Queen." Dad continued laughing and thunder rumbled somewhere. "I mean Zeus."

"Um... ok. Earth."

"Gaea"

"Gaea"

"Dirt face." Dad laughed harder.

"War."

A tear formed in my eye. "Pass." I managed to say.

"Um...ok. Olympus."

"Gods."

"Olympus"

"Your mom."

"What?"

"You are still trying to get the location of Olympus out of me. It is at yo mamma's house."

"Fine. Lets do this the hard way. Push him in."

The dude behind me pushed me in. The top of the tank closed. I felt my strength recover but before I could do anything, Fred pushed a button on his control panel. Black stuff came out of a hidden pipe. I suddenly couldn't breath anymore. I began to choke. The water stinging my eyes. So this is what it felt like to be drowning. I thrashed around, bumping into the walls and floor of the tank. I couldn't tell up from down. I was completely useless in my father's domain.

It was over. Thank the gods. The water had drained out and I was now left spluttering on the floor of the tank. I turned my head to see my dad fighting against the chains. It was useless though. I couldn't take it. Here I am, a child of the sea, being drowned. I simply fainted.

Tony Stark POV

I watched on the screen as Fred tried to get information out of the kid. I had hacked into S.H.I.E.L.D's data base and upon finding out that they discovered Greek Gods were real I called the rest of the avengers to my place. Thor was on Asgard so I didn't expect him to come.

We were now watching the live video feed of the kid's cell. Fred had a tank full of water. Isn't the kid son of the sea god? I pointed this out to everyone. They were just as confused as I was.

The guard pushed the boy into the tank. He look at ease is there until a black substance started pouring into the tank. The kid struggled and thrashed. Bumping into the walls and floor of the tank.

The water slowly drained out leaving the boy soaked and spluttering on the floor of the tank.