Chapter 16: Escape

Tony Stark aka Ironman POV

The guards were taken by surprise. I didn't watch the fight. In steed I started to get my suit on. When the suit was fully on I walked around the corner. Steve and Natasha looked up from two bodies.

"Don't worry. They are just sleeping," Natasha said to Steve who was inspecting one of the bodies.

"Move out of the way," I told them. They both backed up so their backs were flat on the wall. I raised my hand, palm out, and sent a beam at the door. The beam was aimed at the door handle. The door easily swung in once it's lock was gone.

We entered the cell. A teen and a man were both in a sitting position and leaning on the wall. The teen wasn't bound. The man had big cuffs around his wrists. The cuffs were connected to chains and the chains were pushed deep into a wall. The pegs were high enough up that the man's arms were lifted above his head.

"We are in the cell. I repeat we are in the cell," Captain said.

"Copy that. I'm almost there," Clint replying through the ear piece.

"Who are you?" a weak voice asked. I turned around to see who had spoken. The teen looked surprised. Probably at the fact that his voice was so weak.

"My name is Captain America, this is Black Widow, and that is Ironman," Captain replied pointing to them as he said their name.

"We are here to get you out of here," Nat said.

I flipped my mask up so they could see my face.

The man spoke. "Can you get these chains off?" His voice was also weak.

"I can," Clint said appearing behind us. Clint stepped forward and undid the cuffs. He helped the man get the cuffs off.

"Ok. Clint go do your thing," Cap said. "Tony, get the kid." He then addressed the man. "Can you stand up?"

Natasha went over and helped him to his feet. He put an arm around her shoulders to keep his balance. Captain went to his other side and helped support him.

I went over and picked the kid up bridle style. He made no move to protest.

We hurried along the corridor. Luckily we didn't run into anyone on the way to the flight deck.