Chapter 9: The Battle

Percy POV

"So what's the plan?" I asked. "They want 5 demigods to go with them. Probably to run tests on them."

"Well then we fight. We aren't going to lose any more demigods." My father said.

"Are the other gods going to help?" Annabeth asked.

"No," Dad said sadly,"I couldn't convince them. Ares might come if things get war-like, but that is a very slim chance. Chiron, tell all the campers to go to the mess hall. I don't want them in the way."

"Can I stay and help? Please?" I begged.

"Me two!" Annabth said.

"No, Annabth. I have a plan that involves water. Lots of it. You would just get in the way. Percy, you can stay and help me."

"But...but..." Annabeth said.

"Annabeth, you need to help Chiron with the campers." I told her. She just nodded and headed off towards the mess hall. Chiron fallowing close behind.

"Son," Dad said, "I give you my blessing." He started chanting in Ancient Greek. I didn't pay attention to the words. I was more focused on the blue aura around me. It grew stronger and stronger. Dad stopped chanting.

I felt amazing. "Let's kick some buts."

Dad and I stepped forward so we were at the very top of the hill. "You know the plan?" dad asked me. I nodded. Together we both lifted our arms. I felt a tug in my gut. I heard the mortals screaming things at each other. A wall of water formed in between the attackers and us.

"Fire!" I heard Nick Fury yell. Every time a bullet hit our wall, I flinched. Finally Fury figured out that the bullets didn't effect us because of the wall.

Fury yelled something else and 3 people, a robot thing, and a giant green monster. Stared to head up the hill towards us.

"I got the wall. Water gun them." Dad said. I did. I concentrated on a small section in the wall and push out with my hand. The burst of water hit the robot dude. The thing sparked then went down. Mr. green roared and charged. I created a ball of water and made it go around his head. After a few seconds of struggling, Mr. green fell.

Spangles ran towards the wall of water. His shield cut through. Before anything other then Spangles could get through the hole, dad closed it.

He swung his shield at me but I ducked and tried to swiped his legs out from under him. He jumped over my legs and went for my neck. He smashed my head to the ground and held tight to my neck. I concentrated on the water in the wall. I called some of it forward. Wrapping it around his body until he passed out. I then dropped him from the water.

I turned to look at Fury. He had a glint in his eye. Then it happened. "Percy watch out!" before I could turn I felt an arrow pierce my leg. I fell. "Percy!" the wall has dropped and the army of men fire at us. "Percy!" My eyes fell closed and I heard no more.

Poseidon POV

"Percy!" I yelled. The wall fell. The army of mortals fired at us. "Percy!" I said again as I tried to gather water to put on the wound. His eyelids fluttered and closed.

I was about to scoop him up when I felt a blinding pain in my shoulder. I fell forward but put my hands out to catch myself. My arms began to feel weak. Finally I collapsed next to Percy.