Chapter 8: Meeting Again

Percy POV

Once I had woken up, Apollo used the mist on everyone to make it look like we were harmless and let us go.

••••••••••••••3 months later•••••••••••••

The coach horn sounded three times. That meant an attack. I ran out of my cabin, pulling my sword out as I did. I reached the top of the hill first, as I had not stopped to put armor on.

Annabeth reach the top of the hill and handed me a chest plat. "Thanks," I mutter as I slid it on.

The scout ran up to us. "There is about 50 men with GUNS coming this way! GUNS!" I squinted against the sun. Sure enough men were marching straight at us.

"Percy!" A voice from behind me said.

"Dad!" I said spinning around. I hadn't even noticed him flash in. "Who are those men?"

"I suspect they are from the mortal government. The mist has failed. Apollo is trying and failing to help Hecate. She has been flickering. I think she has even started to fade a bit." He sounded concerned.

"What are we going to do about the mortals, My Lord?" Annabeth asked.

"Try to talk to them." Dad said, "What ever you do, do not start fighting. If the men insist, the Gods will try and help. We have lost to many demigods in the last battle."

I felt a pang in my chest. Frank, Hazel, Jason, Piper. All lost in the last war.

Chiron galloped up. "My lord." He said bowing his head. He then turned to Annabeth and I. "I want you two to go talk with them. See why they are here. Annabeth please keep Percy from doing anything stupid. Go. And be careful." He said then said to Poseidon, "My lord, a word please"

The men had reached the bottom of the hill. Annabeth and I proceeded down the slope. A quarter of the way down we stopped. The mortals, after a few moments, also sent out a group of two people. We then went down the hill so we were half way between the top and bottom. The representatives from the men came too.

"Why are you here?" Annabeth asked. There was two dudes. One with an eye-patch and one with a shield and an American flag costume. I recognized them from somewhere but I forget where.

The eye-patch dude answered, "We wish to learn more about your camp."

"Then why bring a 50 armed men to 'learn about our camp'?" I asked.

"In case things got rough," eye-patch dude said.

"He's lying," Annabeth said, "they want some of us to go with them so they can run tests on us." The guy in the flag costume tensed a bit.

"We want 5 demigods to come with us so we can learn about you guys more," eye-patch dude said.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"My name is Nick Fury. This is Captain America or Steve Rogers. We work for S.H.I.E.L.D," eye-patch dude aka Nick Fury said. I looked at Annabth. I remember now. This is the guy who kidnapped us. Since then my arm has fully healed. No thanks to them.

"Let us talk to our army. You will know what we decide on" Annabeth said to Fury.