Chapter 17: Returning Home

Percy POV

I was tired. I was weak. I was being carried by a man made of metal. Just a normal day.

I felt the man place me on something soft. I haven't felt something this soft in... forever! I fell asleep almost right away. But not before I heard a helicopter take off.

Poseidon POV

I hated this. I was a God! I should be the one saving my son. Not these stupid mortals.

"Are you alright," Spangles asked for what seemed like the one thousandth time.

"What's your name?" I asked.

"Steve Rodgers or Captain America."

That explained the outfit.

"That is Tony Stark or Ironman, Natasha Romanova or Blackwidow, driving is Clint Barton or Hawkeye. Back at base is Bruce Banner or Hulk."

I nodded. I stood from the seat that was next to where Percy was sleeping and headed towards the front.

What was this dudes name? C... Cl... Clint! "Hey Clint?," I said.

"Hmm?" He replied not turning around.

"Can you go to Long Island? I can get medicine there for Percy."

"Sure," He said and edged the chopper slightly to the right. I then resumed my position next to Percy.

It was about 10 minutes later when Percy screamed and jump up out of the chair he was on. He lost his footing as the and tumbled to the floor.

"Smooth," Tony said laughing.

"Did you have a dream?" I asked as I helped him up. By the look in his eyes I could tell that he had.

"I have the same dream over and over. The war... they're dead! Dead! I could've gave myself up and they wouldn't be dead!" Percy said, tears forming in his eyes. I laid Percy's head in my lap.

"Percy, you did the right thing during the war. Think of the way Earth would be if you let Gaea rise. She would have killed all the half-bloods and gods if you hadn't killed her."

He just nodded. He the asked,"Where are we going?"

I was about to answer when Steve said "We're almost there. Where should we land?"

"Follow the shore line." Was all I said. A few minutes later we came to camps border. "Land here." I tell Clint. He does. I hope out and then turn to help Percy out. Percy tries to stand up but his legs give out and falls. Natasha catches him before he hits the floor of the helicopter. I lean into the chopper and pick him up. Percy protests but I ignore him.

I turn around to the group behind me and muttered a few words that allowed them across the boarder. "Follow me." I said.

I walk into camp and head for the big house. Heads turn as they see us. "It's Percy!" I heard a camper yell. Campers from everywhere cause rushing toward us. I heard Percy grown and hide his face in his hands.

"Make way he needs to go to the infirmary" I demanded. A path was made through the center of the throng. We finally made it to the big house. I brought him inside.

"But Chiron I have to go look for him!" Yelled a voice from inside.

"No need" I said walking in.

"Percy! Poseidon! Are you guys ok? Where were you? What did they do to you?" Annabeth asked.

"He needs nectar and ambrosia. And some water" I demanded of the Apollo kid who ran out of the infirmary at Annabeth yelling. The kid nodded and I followed him into the infirmary.

After Percy was taken care of I went to tell Chiron our story. I found the avengers still standing around the room looking awkward. I motioned for the to sit them started to explain what happened from when we saw the mortals on the hill.