jjk | the button

A/N: yall r bout to read some rough draft its insane im even publishing this shit lmfaoo

Here's what today's about: Jennie convinced you (which was a surprise) to go on a date. Which is what every concerned friend does when their friend still hasn't moved on from their past relationship. However, it doesn't stop there. Jennie's more adventurous than just setting you up on a date, Jennie's philosophical mind decided to set you up on a date in the Cut studio.

What's Cut? you might ask. Cut is a channel on Youtube, but that's not it, Cut is onto this experimental dating in which the mechanics do not only destroy your self-esteem, but shows the world what kind of an asshole you are based on who you're choosing to go on a date with.

It's simple, there's a button and there's your date on the other side of the table. You sit down and chatter for a few minutes, maybe about your dog who ran away when you were a little kid, and once the button turns red, either of you gets to press it if the date isn't exactly their type, and the first one to land their mean little fingers on the button gets to change the date.

The winner pair, the pair that didn't press the button, gets to go on a second date, all expenses paid. They could go to Hawaii and fuck for one time and depart, and that's it. That's the game.

"There's no losing, I mean unless you only get to sit for one second and your date's already convinced to switch you," Jennie convinced like it's going to make the date sound any better.

How did you end up from being a woman in her 20's who was engaged to an adoring fiancé, to this desperate person being set up on a date with random bisexuals? One would always end up in this similar situation if your friend is a Jennie.

There's no turning back now, because you're now sitting in a room full of strangers, all too different but almost the same. You have your eyes on this girl with a septum piercing and over-lined lips, but there's no hope of dating her since you're in the same room together. The only people you're going on a date with are on the other side of the studio which as of now, you still haven't seen, that's the point isn't it?

Aside from the curly girl in front of you that's been returning the gaze you're giving her, there was also another guy at the end of the room throwing jokes from then and there and would look at you for reaction. You didn't give into his desires. He's someone you'd befriend at a bar just to get a free drink from, you never liked assholes who had face tattoos.

There's no turning back now, because you're one person away from the door. The boy next to you was attractive however, he's obviously going to take longer than the guy who had just left, he had more girls and boys to reject.

Some were reading magazines, some were blasting music through their earphones, and some were asleep. It's like a doctor's appointment with all of you piled in a waiting room under bright white fluorescent lights. It has been thirty minutes and there's not a single successful pair, what ever happened to romance?

The door opens. The guy looked devastated. Some laughed. Now that the laughing started, you start to hope that you won't end up like the poor man. Your hands began to sweat, you're close, you're really close to facing the camera and getting rejected for the whole internet to see, including your ex-fiancé.

Before you could take the seat before the door, your seat mate was already leaving the room.

Fuck. That was fast.

You're next, and as you walk towards the door, your feet failed to cooperate. You could count a few moments in your life when the ground seems to shake beneath your feet, and they were mostly when you were with Jin.

The last thing you should be thinking about right now was Jin. Hell, you shouldn't even think about him anymore.

Maybe the person on the opposite side of the table would be the one destined for you. It was a hopeless thought, but how else would you convince your body to move?