SEVENTEEN 」INNOCENCE

⋆·˚ ༘ * 🕯️

"WHAT ON EARTH happened?!" A gruff voice from the distance queried. Y/N rose to her feet and saw Barron and Theron approaching her.

"You're here!" She exclaimed.

"Of course I'm here! Why wouldn't I be? Do you want me dead or something?" He answered.

"I believe what the Barron wants to say is yes indeed, we are here. Probably the worst timing since — " Theron was cut off when a shot was fired.

"I thought they're only going to use arrows but I guess I'm wrong." Enola said.

Casius and Tewkesbury nodded in greeting. "It's nice to know you're still alive, brother."

"Same to you."

"Quit chatting around like a bunch of mums and get your asses somewhere safe. Y/N and Tewkesbury seem to be the targets-"

An arrow whipped past his face making his eyes widen. "No. The council is the target!" Casius shouted, quickly pulling Enola away from the open space.

"What a simp!" Barron commented, hiding behind a table.

"Still stuck in the modern times, I see." Theron said.

"Hell, if only I could go back, I would. The shenanigans of these kids led me here. At first, I didn't even know where to take a piss."

"Why are we having this conversation as if our lives aren't in danger?!" Y/N asked from behind the refreshment table with Tewksbury sipping a glass of sparkling water.

"Seriously?!"

"What?" he slurred.

"Please tell me you're not drunk."

"I'm not." The girl rolled her eyes.

"Take cover, Y/N!" Enola cried out in alarm. Y/N let out a blood-curdling scream as the sound of gunfire filled the room, striking the heavy metal and gold table with deadly precision. The two companions dropped to the ground, desperately seeking refuge from the relentless hail of bullets.

Tewkesbury, ever the protector, wrapped his arms around Y/N, using his own body to shield her from harm. The seconds seemed to stretch on like hours, as they cowered in fear.