𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐯𝐢.

⌕ :: ⌗ TICKING PAST - ⨾
TEWKESBURY ~ ❜
﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌
xxxvi. The Plan

━━━━━━PERHAPS YOU are confused. How did the letter end up being read by Tewkesbury? How did the guards side with them? Why did Ahanu say it was by Y/N's order? What was the plan exactly?

Let me take you back to the day she wrote the letter. This is before the council was attacked by Elliot and his guards. Before the marchioness was charged with treason.

“ IF YOU do have the guards guarding your chamber as your allies, why don't you just escape? ” Ahanu asked

IF YOU do have the guards guarding your chamber as your allies, why don't you just escape? Ahanu asked.

The girl chuckled and recalled her memory of that one time she tried in the gardens. She shook her head and burted into a fit of laughter.

"Sir Ahanu, you don't really know much about the palace, don't you?", she answered.

"What do you mean, ma'am?"

"The palace is hard to enter, yet harder to leave. There are guards in every corner and I have no allies outdoors."

"Then, what are you planning to do?"

"Kill myself, of course!", she answered. Ahanu thought she was going mad, seeing as to how she had a smile on her face as she responded to his question.

"What?"

"I'm only joking."

"But—"

"The plan." She sternly stated and slammed three envelopes on the table. They were letters, stamped with crest of her estate.

"One of these letters contains an important missive. The palace has seven hundred and seventy-five rooms and each has a table resting outside. I want you to put it on the nearest one to the entrance without being suspicious. Then, immediately come back here."

"The shoes must be a real pain. I want you to pretend to fix it. Then, switch this letter to that one." Y/N pointed to the envelope containing the bait.

"That contains a small note that may or may not get me in trouble. Once the Prince finds out about it, he'll be coming for the golden necklace and just like that, I'll destroy it. I figured out how to. I've been examining it all night."

"The third letter contains the same missive as the real one. It's a duplicate for in case you lose the other." She explained.

Ahanu scratched his forehead and cluelessly touched the parchments.

"And what are the things written in these?"

"A message for Lord Tewkesbury, of course. It's an explanation as to why I betrayed them. Ugh! Hold on, I'll recite it to you. You seem pretty eager to know what's inside. Nosy as fuck, aren't you?"

Ahanu flinched at the vulgar word she has put in use. Y/N mumbled an apology and recited the exact same thing written.

"Why is it more of a funny letter? This may be your last words? Why did you write it in such an impression, ma'am?"

"Stop calling me that. I feel old. I'm only seventeen. You're probably a year older than I am." The marchioness said.

"I don't wish to make Tewkesbury feel bad. I want to at least make his last memory of me being humorous. I want to make him laugh and know that I never once hated him for not trusting me. I want him to sleep well after the whole thing. I may die next week or next month, but I know for sure, I don't want to feel guilty for making him feel guilty. He deserves to think fresh and free. He cares far too much and he needs all the peace and happiness he needs to take care of our little joys." Y/N added.

"Oh and also, I've read the ciphers in the newspapers. Couldn't have done it without Madame Fleur. Help will come, eventually."

"I don't understand why you're telling me this."

"You'll help them fight along with some guards. You need to be informed."

"But I lack skills."

"I doubt they don't, too. You have each other."

"I don't know them."

"Then try to learn them. Sir Ahanu, I may be seventeen in this body, but I've lived longer than you have, struggling through hell and back. If there's one thing you should know, it's to never dally so. Think fast, speak fast and act fast."

"Then, if I do get along with them and fight, when will I get my freedom?"

"You're already free. This is a favor, not an order, remember that."

The girl sat on the edge of her bed, breathing out in frustration. "Two of my guards will join the search for the council. I hope by then, they could convince the others to side with us."

She gripped one of the post of her canopy bed and licked her lips.

"Sir Ahanu." She called.

"Yes, ma'am?"

"Do you think Tewkesbury would even care?"

"Well, of course, ma'am. He's your husband after all."

She didn't answer and smiled at the word. Is she really?

"Once the battle is finished and you have succeeded, the next move you have to make is to help bring the exiled Queen back to her throne. As for my children, let Tewkesbury and the others take care of them well. The kingdom has ripped to shreds and if possible, I want their father to take them away."

Her e/c eyes met his gaze, "But, if they want to stay, I hope they'll be treated with respect and peace."

"The world will change. But like everything, there's always something that will stick and that is hatred."

"I've cheated on death so many times before. I'm not sure if I can escape the clutches of it now."

The girl turned to the chest under the vanity. She smiled and clutched the key in the pocket of her dress. Y/N handed it to her friend.

"Everyone deserves freedom."