EPILOGUE ²

⠀⠀⠀

PLAY THE MUSIC
( TO BUILD A HOME
INSTRUMENTAL )

spotify playlist is out now !

⠀⠀⠀THE MARQUESS emerged from the water, gasping for air. He swam back to the lower ground below the area where Fergus lied dead. He breathed heavily, heaving the girl onto the land.

Tewkesbury sniffled and wiped his cheeks combined with tears and river water as he laid his head on Y/N's chest.

Her face was pale and there were no flushed colours in any parts of her skin. His heart dropped to hear nothing beating. He let out a cry and hopeless sob.

The lord placed his shaking hands on the cold cheeks of his beloved, shutting his eyes closed in refusal to take a glimpse of her state.

But he could not contain himself. Tewkesbury tried to shake her awake, calling her name in the faintest voice until he screamed.

There was nothing he could do now. Nothing he can say. If he did open his mouth to say the words he hasn't uttered for so long, she would no longer hear it.

Until he gave up.

"I'm sorry," he whispered to her ears, "I'm sorry I was late. If I didn't just stand there doing nothing, I wouldn't have failed you — ", he choked on his tears. "God, this is my fault."

He sobbed once again, resting his head on her chest. His arms pulled her in a tighter embrace as he grieved, "Y/N, why is it always you?"

"Why of all goddamn people does it always have to be you?!", his muffled cries were heard up to the top causing the allies to bow down their heads and let go of their weapons that slowly fell and made the noises of iron and steel.

"Come back, come back, come back," he whispered, his hand shaking even more from the tighter grip he had on her dress.

"I promise once you return I'll never annoy you again. I'll never wake you up in the middle of the night just to ask you to talk to me out of my fear of the dark. Y/N, I promise I'll bring you somewhere pretty every day. I'll always hold you close. I'll sing you songs and make you happy," his voice cracked.

"I'll play you Claire De Lune until you fall asleep on my shoulder, make you laugh until you cry — I'll cheer you up every time you're feeling sad, pick you up when you fall and fund your knife addictions."

"I'll always play your game no matter how dangerous. I'll always jump with you no matter how high. We'll watch the stars and talk about our future, name our children like we used to. I'll build a fortress somewhere the moon shines, we'll never stop talking about our home . . . "

"Please, come back," his breath stuttered as he whispered another statement that made his heart constructed like glass hurt.

"I'll give you the stars."

William and Liam came about the place and screamed with joy, "Guys! We found the Queen!"

The heir of the Basilwether heroines who disguised herself as Dahlia fell on her knees to the soil. Her set of knives that made clanging noises made everyone turn to her.