𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

⌕ :: ⌗ TICKING PAST - ⨾
⌦ LOUIS PARTRIDGE ~ ❜
﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌

14TH OF MARCH, 1912
BASILWETHER ESTATE

Dearest,

Just as I thought it was over, mayhem starts to happen once again. I am Lord Viscount Tewkesbury, Marquess of Basilwether. This is most likely to be the last time I could ever have the chance to write down my name.

The last chance I could ever hold a pen in my hand and express myself on a piece of parchment, a page in the journal that only I have ever read.

To my companions, I am forever grateful to have your names etched in my memories. Forever grateful to have fought alongside you. I am sorry that the world is turning her back on us. With peace and gratitude, I will never bid you goodbye. I will follow your steps until we reach a second life.

To my heirs, I hope fairness and wit in your souls will stay, for I am never sure if I will ever touch the light of day. I could never tell the path I'll meet and the path I made, but my prodigious love will never fade. My apologies for leaving so soon, but you are grown enough to follow the hymn of the witty moon. To all of you, I will never say goodbye. For I know, I'll see you as the time flies.

To my darling fire and lethal blade, to you I swore I'd love you everyday. I am sorry for we have met the end of our fate, but I promise the stars, I'll look and search until it's late. In the next life, I will wait for you, to utter the words so daring and true. With hope and will, I'll seal my words with the last quill and ink and favour of the world.

To my country, I have done my best, but as it seems darkness never wants to rest. It is absurd, loving and hating my very own nest, the pain like blade thrust upon my chest.

One day, I, Viscount Tewkesbury . . .

Will return.

⋆·˚ ༘ * 🕯️

Closing the journal, the Lord gave it to his messenger, given the order to let everyone involved in the journal read his last words but his wife. Letting him escape, Y/N walked in the room in a rush with sweat on her forehead. The girl closed the door behind her, mud and blood at the ends of her gown.

"The children are safe," Y/N declared and walked up to him. He smiled and cupped her cheeks, wiping the tears on her face with his thumb. "Is this the end?" She asked.

He shook his head and kissed the back of her hand. "It is never the end, Y/N."

With that, he crashed his lips desperately on hers. He let himself melt into it, knowing he'd see her maybe after forever, and forever was an extremely long time. He knew he'd long for her again, and that passion will burn until the word is proven wrong and the stars explode.

They pulled away and nuzzled each other, resting their foreheads on one another.

"I love you."

"I love you, too."

Those were the last words they had uttered before the door met the floor with a loud thud and various men with swords in their hands thrust the blades on their flesh. Leaving a puddle of thick red liquid on the cold marble floor.

Until the very end, their hands were joined, leaving behind such a great legacy that greed and selfish passion destroyed.