𝐱𝐱𝐱.

⌕ :: ⌗ TICKING PAST - ⨾
⌦ TEWKESBURY ~ ❜
﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌
xxx. Epistle Scheme

━━━━━━❝ MADAME FLEUR! The prince needs you to set up the dinner for tonight with Lady Lisette. ❞

The woman frowned and took a while to progress what has been said by the girl. She let out a sigh, "He's been bewitched by her!"

Looking around, she saw a young man dressed in a grubby outfit. Must be a gardener. "Boy! Come here!"

"Ahanu. My name is Ahanu."

"Whatever!", she exclaimed, "Give this to her ladyship, Y/N. Ask around if you don't know where her chamber is. Quick!", she ordered.

The boy took the tray full of perfect food and tea. The smell of the fresh chocolate biscuits made his stomach grumble.

He pressed his lips together to refrain himself from cursing. Just because he's one of the people of color, doesn't mean this should be how he's treated.

Actually, he was held captive by the prince's men when they saw him camping somewhere out of town. He was just trying to survive the cold-blooded vains of Europe after he thought this might be a place for him to start.

He was forced to wear more 'comfortable' clothing and work under the palace roof with the smallest wage. Smaller than those of men that change the candles daily.

Stepping in front of the door guarded with men, he showed the tray of food and soon, the keys jingled.

Open doors spread wide as he walked in to the girl in a daze of the monotonous room. He cleared his throat, "Your lunch, Your Ladyship."

"Why must you call me that?", she asked.

The doors closed once again. Y/N slowly turned her head to him.

"Why not?"

"I don't have the right to be called with such title."

He awkwardly stood there. What is he to do? Listen to her rant? He didn't like emotional moments, he can't even tolerate fights.

"You don't have to say anything," Y/N said. "I just want to speak of myself. Being locked in a room without a way out is getting boring." She turned to the windows of bars.

"I just lost everything that's important to me. Do you know how that feels?", she asked.

He nodded slowly, "Very much." He whispered.

"I'm Lady Y/N. I was that girl who fought for women's equal rights, challenged the prince, and made a deal with him for not having a choice left. Look where that has gotten me. I lost my friends."

"And someone of great importance."

"The Marquess?", he inquired.

"Yes." She turned to him. "Now, what's your story?"

He sighed and looked down. He shouldn't be talking to her. He shouldn't be in her room for too long, yet he's still here and there was an emotional force keeping him still.

Ahanu can't walk away. He can't turn away from the young girl.

"I was a part of a native tribe. We were happy until we were forced to get out of our camp. We moved to London to search for a good start until I got lost and the prince found me. Knowing I'm a part of the people with color, he forced me to work for him with the littlest wage. I don't have a way out."

Y/N smiled weakly. "I'm sorry about that."

"It's not your fault," he silently replied.

Silence filled the thick concrete walls of white paint and golden patterns, until the girl suddenly asked the most rushed and puzzling question the quiet young man has heard.

"Do you trust me?"

He hesitated to answer. Does he?

"I- uh. . ."

"Listen, if you trust me, I trust you. We can do things together for freedom and once I fly, I assure you your safety. I assure you a beautiful life with your family."

"The Prince promised me the same thing."

"But, have you seen me slaughter the innocents?"

"No."

"I'll ask again, Sir. . ."

"Ahanu."

"Sir Ahanu. Do you trust me?"

He looked up to her straight in the eyes, gulping.

"I- Maybe?"

That was enough for Y/N. She knows exactly how much potential he sees in her and how much potential she sees in him. They're kindred spirits. Bonded to do something for freedom.

It was very obvious to see even in the eyes of a five-year-old.

"Great! Let me tell you the role you have to play in my scheme."

Ahanu licked his lips nervously and strutted forward to her as she walked over to the reading nook.

"What is it?"

She pulled the drawer out and grabbed an envelope, sealed with red wax. It had the stamp of her family crest.

Y/N turned to him and held it up.

"I want you to deliver a simple letter."