EPILOGUE ¹

⠀⠀⠀THE TIME TICKED slower than any other broken contraptions in the world. The golden necklaces that held the key back home all went in circular motions signalling the whole allies of the fallen heroine that their mission has been successfully done.

Tewkesbury's hearing was only focused on the girl. Her struggling breath and silent scoff made his heart ache. Her fingers brushed on the fabric stained with red liquid and up it goes to her sight. Her eyebrows furrowed as her mouth formed a grin.

She looked up at Tewkesbury and nodded, "I did it."

His eyes were wide in shock and his knees were locked in place. The girl's exhausted body fell to her side and to her dismay, ended up falling to the open spot where she fell to the river with a splash.

Her back was first and her hair flew to her face causing them to block her sight of the shouting boy. There was the sun as clear as day watching her fall to the abyss of her accepted fate.

"Y/N!", Tewkesbury screamed. He looked at the guard clicking his gun but with no more ammunitions left. He stood behind her and after all this time he laid on the ground resting and waiting for the perfect time to pounce for an attack.

He quickly ran to him and threw his punches until his face was flushed red, "How dare you?!", he screamed.

"She saved you! She saved you from a horrible rule!", he continued, "How dare you disobey her dignity?! Look at what you did!"

He pulled away, watching as the weakened man chuckled.

The council and the saviours all gathered in the place at the sound of the angry screams of the marquess. "Where is she?!", Guineviere asked.

He didn't answer and took his coat off, jumping right into the depths of the river.

( play swan's death impact music )

The fall was peaceful. Like there was nothing else that mattered except for telling yourself you did great. Of course, Y/N thought it was that way, but her desire to fight for her life was a different story.

The more she sunk deep, the more she felt scared to go to the bottom. It was dark and frightening. The metallic taste of her blood lingered around the corner of her mouth.

It was hard to leave everyone, but if this is her way of saving the future, it would at least be triumphant.

She mentally rolled her eyes. As if this wasn't a part of her plan to die at the end and it all made sense once she remembered her very last letter left under Ahanu's care for the boy.

How deceitful fate was. She thought the moment the plan changed, she wouldn't have to die, but guess she was wrong.

She didn't even do much. Her skills were no longer in tact as before and she didn't act like the marchioness at all.

"Dear Tewkesbury,"

He kept his eyes open to search for the girl underwater. The water was dirty, but the sun's light gave him ways to find her. The water in his ears made him feel how quiet it was down here.

"It's been hours or probably days since the battle has ended by the time you read this, but just know that I never hated you."

The cold temperature of the water made him want to come back up, but he didn't want to stop. He looked around the water, kicking his feet to the wave to keep him still in place.

"I know you used to love swimming because your family would take you to the beach every time there was a chance."

She smiled and used every bit of her strength to hug herself as she continued to fall. The bubbles made her feel relaxed and the utter silence brought her the blissful taste of life once again.

"Take care of the three for me. I'll be peering over the clouds and guide your every move in every step of the way. You've always had a great and caring nature and I am happy that I met you not even once. I remember everything. From the moment we both met each other in the field of flowers to the very moment you held my hand for the last time before we die for literally the hundredth time," she slightly laughed.

He emerged from the water and took a deep breath before continuing his search for the girl. He hated the dark.

"I hope everyone made it out alive. I'd miss looking at paintings with Catherine. I'm looking forward for Kai to start his own skating championship. I hope Barron isn't as grouchy anymore. Theron and him are great friends. When they make it back to the present, tell them to go to Enzo's. It's a very nice place to dine in. They should talk about their families to have Barron show some soft side."

"I'd miss watching you skate with your friends and see you smile at every little things. You were the most social social butterfly I have ever seen in my entire life. You're just so hyper and so new from the real Tewkesbury we both knew. But, I'm not saying you've lost all aspects of his personality. You still have the wit and charm."

"Always have your lamp on whenever you're all alone at home during the night. God knows that time when you sent me a message at 2 AM just to have me accompany you through the fear."

"You know, it's still mind-blowing how we all changed in just a coupld of months and we never even complained. We were lost and naive, but now learned a lot."

"Take care of yourself while I take care of the others here."

"You're Louis Partridge and I love you for it. I adored you the moment I spotted you from the other side of the painting. You fought without fear and showed me the world. You gave me the choice to have mercy, to mind my decisions and mold into someone that I really am."

"I am no longer the marchioness and I accept it. Because honestly, we were just Louis Partridge and Y/N L/N who shared the same seat in front of the piano and played melodies until we sleep."

Tewkesbury got deeper down the water and there she was, slowly touching the floor.

"Louis I hope you find someone better. I hope you'll be happy with her. Play her Claire De Lune and that nocturne piece, I'm sure she'd love it very much. I'm sure she'd love you. Kiss her on the forehead every night and kiss her hand every time she goes away. Give her those eloquent speeches that screamed romance whenever you'd lay under the stars and talk about the future."

"Call her Mrs. Partridge and fulfill your vows."

"I'll wait for you. Always and forever."

"Please don't spend your time crying. I'd hate to see you sad."

"Goodbye, Viscount Tewkesbury, Marquess of Basilwether. Also, please burn the properties I had including the secret room under my estate. I don't want history to repeat itself."

"Burn the books about us and make sure no one remembers anything."

"Smile. When you've returned home, look at the clock. Forget the bad memories."

"They're ticking past."

"Not ticking future."

"Dear Louis Partridge,"

"I love you."

EPILOGUE pt. 2 DUE

( 6th of May — PST /
PHILIPPINE STANDARD
TIME )