FIFTEEN 」PIANO'S EPIPHANY

"SO WE'RE GOING TO a ball?" The girl asked, looking up from the cream coloured parchment that nestled in her hands.

"Yes, Y/N, it's the grand ball of the season. Everyone in London is invited," Tewkesbury replied.

"This is the chance to step forward."

The girl paused, considering his words. "But won't there be many eyes on us?" she asked, a hint of concern evident in her tone.

Tewkesbury fixed her with a stern gaze. "We are not there to carry out any harm to the Crown Prince. This is our chance to make a move, but we must be careful."

"Why not? Why mustn't we do so?" She inquired.

"I can't- kill, Y/N. I know you can't, too. Yes, we were Tewkesbury and Y/N, we killed in the past, but even though we're back, you know we can't do it."

"You mean you can't do it."

"Why do you badly want to kill him?" he asked, abruptly standing up, walking towards her.

She stared at his intimidating eyes, "Because I want to end it. The cycle. If he's still alive, we aren't sure if he won't mess with the country again."

"But, aren't you scared?"

"I am." She answered, "But, I'm not one to stand so idly by and be comfortable with one change that we did. Therefore, we'll kill him."

"We?" he repeated. "You think I'm a part of that plan? No, Y/N!"

"Why not?"

"I — we can't kill him because — "

"Is it fear that grips you?" Y/N questioned with a mixture of disbelief and disdain. "Like those timid souls that cower in the streets, too afraid to confront the repercussions of their actions and thoughts? Those cowards who are too afraid to take the necessary steps to ensure a sense of security?"

"You know what I can assure you, Y/N?" Tewkesbury inquired, his voice getting deeper and deeper, word by word.

"I can assure you that England will never sit so comfortably when they know you've killed their monarch! How can they trust you?!"

"I have no desire for their trust!" Y/N exclaimed. "I only want this to be over so that we can return home."

"Is this the reason for your impulsive behaviour?" Tewkesbury asked, his voice filled with concern. "Are you feeling homesick, Y/N. Is that it?"

Y/N vehemently denied the suggestion, her voice thick with emotion. Tears flowed freely down her cheeks as she struggled to control her breathing. Her neck and collarbone tensed with every inhale and exhale. Tewkesbury hesitated for a moment, his own hands shaking as he watched Y/N's expression turn hostile. He was determined to prove his point, but her reaction was taking its toll on him. He took a deep breath, steadying himself, but the fear of losing Y/N's trust weighed heavy on him.