FOURTEEN 」KNIVES OUT

THE GIRL AIMED the knife with a swift motion, only to miss her target by a hair's breadth. She tilted her head in frustration, her jaw clenched as she let out a low groan. "Perhaps I could use some more practice," she muttered to herself.

"We can worry about that later," Tewkesbury said, interrupting her thoughts as he brought the heavy wooden plank crashing down on one of the guards, rendering him unconscious. The force of the blow was enough to cause the guard to crumple to the ground, his limbs sprawled haphazardly in an untidy heap.

Y/N seized a plank for herself and swung it with all the might she could muster, each strike landing with a resounding thud on her attackers. The last guard remained, armed with the same dagger that she had struggled to wield moments before. "Not exactly a fair fight," she thought to herself, acknowledging the irony of the situation.

The guard lunged forward, a smirk playing at the corners of his lips, the blade of the dagger glinting in the dim light. Y/N retreated, her steps measured as she sought to evade his attacks. The guard's movements were quick and relentless, and Y/N was hard-pressed to keep up with his relentless assault.

The girl took another step behind only to feel her back touching the wall of industrial product boxes. She shook her head, begging the guard not to do what he had in mind.

"Get away from her!" Tewkesbury yelled and punched him on the back of his head.

Y/N watched as he ended up on the floor with a groan.

"I was handling it just fine," she said, carrying her stubborn attitude once again.

Tewkesbury let out a sigh, the frustration palpable in his voice as he clicked his tongue. "You're welcome," he quipped. Y/N chuckled in response. Suddenly, a low growl echoed in the distance, jolting them both into action. "We have to get out of here!" Y/N cried out, grabbing Tewkesbury's hand and pulling him along as they fled from the market square, now teeming with traitors and likely more guards in pursuit. They ran, their steps quickening as they sought to put as much distance between themselves and danger as possible. The pounding of their footsteps echoed in the empty streets, the only sound in a world that had become a blur of motion and urgency.

⋆·˚ ༘ * 🕯️

Tewkesbury and Y/N found themselves in the hushed alleys of the city, both catching their breath after a daring escape. Tewkesbury gazed around at the surroundings and saw a group of homeless individuals, huddled together in defeat, trying to find solace amidst their struggles.

Turning to Y/N, he spoke, "Probably keep running, but I'm pretty sure no one's chasing us. For now, we'll have to figure out where to stay and practise your skills. We can't go unarmed, useless and naive."

Y/N nodded in agreement, "That makes complete sense. We can't afford to be caught off guard."

Tewkesbury couldn't resist a smirk, "Lady Y/N of Basilwether, huh?"

Y/N rolled her eyes playfully, "Ph, shut up."

And so, they set out to mend their neglected abilities, lying low as they worked towards regaining their strength and sharpness.

⋆·˚ ༘ * 🕯️

Meanwhile, somewhere around the world of past ticks from the clock, Lord Leucrion and Lady Guineviere ended up in the forest of Castalene, immediately gaining access to live in the private state with the staff silencing themselves and not questioning their death or any sorts. They were quiet on their return and no one in England knows that the couple still stands.

Lord Barron- or Barron Barron and Lord Theron landed in the south of Wales, clever enough to hide in a different identity that everyone found suspicious, but never spoke of.

Lord Allistair and Evelyn Young both ended up in Scotland, living as a father and a fostered daughter, enhancing their skills on fencing and archery.

Enola- or Lady of the Holmes and Casius Carter landed in the spot where the empty hall of Ferndell stands. They were quite awkward around each other, but the girl started to learn to get along very well with the boy. They practised their skills as the others.

Shareen Akagi and Tommy Blaine are now living in Bradford, trying to find their way back to London when a girl their age took them in. The girl's name is Ruby Lily Roberts, head of the Roberts. She taught them how to yield a sword.

Luna Rain Winters and Anastasia Courdroy met Mia Khan, the daughter of the first Indian earl in Newcastle that taught them all about swords and hand to hand combat.

Gemini Francis and Catherine Monet were assumed orphans in Versailles and were forced to work for a rich family that loved taking them to their archery practice.

Blossom Anderson and Tristan Overland are in Cherbourg as brothers and sisters, managing a lumber shop they started from scratch while trying to learn how to shoot arrows and yield swords.

Axel Cameron and Hanna Larea Liemann fell flat on their faces in, unsurprisingly, Paris, France in the home of a bankrupt designer, Elize Devonne Medieuvatélle. There the boy and the girl helped her build her business once again in exchange for living there and for hand-to-hand combat lessons.

Kai Jackson and Liam Viotto both became popular in the small town of Westport in Ireland for their odd board skills. They also learned a lot about swords from their manager and instructor, Sir Lowe.

Athena Beaumont, Clara Addington, Collette Allard, Jonathan Ross and William Franklyn Miller went back to the past resulting for them to land in a school in Nottingham.

Everyone is now living their lives unable to go back to the future even with the help of the golden clocks. All they know is that they're alone, but they didn't give up.

They all had one objective, and that is to find Y/N, Tewkesbury and her allies to knock the crown off the wrong ruler's head together.

While, the Lady and Lord of Basilwether aimed to strike for the foolish monarch all by themselves.

Say, how are they going to reunite? This is quite a boring part, but I promise you, the next will never be as dull...

For danger awaits in a room where people's feet are set on fire as they sway with grace, smiling to hide the insolent and traitorous behaviour behind that innocent face.