12 - Kiss and Make Up

Jisoo

I heavily slammed myself on the huge bed in this hotel room. It's been two days since Chaeyoung confessed everything she knows to me, and since then I told her to give me some time to think this through. I mean I understand why they keep things from me, but I'm also hurt. I feel like an outcast and betrayed.

Flashback

"So you knew all along, but you kept it to yourself." I said angrily, I'm trying my best not to raise my voice at her.

"Love, please try to understand. I did it because I knew you will blow up the moment I tell you." Chaeyoung explained with unshed tears on her eyes. She tried to reach for my hand, but I flinched.

"I've been telling you everything, you're there watching how they toyed at me, but you never budge." At this moment, my tears fall on my cheeks. Didn't they trust me enough? Why do they make me feel this way, I'm aware that my emotion can sometimes take control over me, but if they just told me beforehand, I will try my hardest to keep everything intact.

"I'm sorry, love please forgive me. I shouldn't take action without getting your side, But, I'm so desperate at that time to make sure that Jennie and especially you will be safe." She is now crying trying to hold my hand, I just let her.

"...Mr.Yang is planning to expose Jennie and Lisa in just a matter of months after her dating scandal with Kai, because she can't fully benefit from her as he can't control Lisa. He's also planning to destroy your career in the industry to put pressure in Jennie. I don't have the power like Lisa to protect you from him. I help Lisa so that man can't touch you."

We're both crying, Chaeyoung moves closer and puts her arms around my neck. I pulled her and held her tight.

"I'll do everything for you, love." She whisper.

"I know, but please give me time to process this. Everything had been thrown at me at once." I plead, I know I should not leave but I need to do this for myself, my head and emotions are all over the place right now.

"You're leaving?"

"Just for a couple of days, and I'll come back." I said and cupped her face wiping her tears.

"Where are you going?" She cried harder and put her face on my neck. I grip her and place a soft kiss on her ear.

"I don't know right now, but most probably I'll stay in a hotel. I'll let you know once I find one, Okay?" She just nod and let me go.

"I love you."

"I love you more."

End of flashback

I was interrupted by the ringing of the phone on the side table of this room.

"Yes?"

"Ms. Manoban is in the lobby right now, she's asking for you. Would I let her into your room?" The receptionist said. How does she find me and of all people, I never expect any interaction with her.

"Tell her to give me a minute, I'll go down." After the call, I fix myself and put my phone and wallet in my pocket.

I saw her sitting on the couch at the receiving area of the hotel. She look at me and stands up, as I get closer to her.

"This is a surprise, what do you want?" I bluntly asked, cause I really don't know how to talk to her. I've only seen her from afar and in some tv appearance. She was taller than I thought.

"You're exactly what I thought you would be." She chuckled and put her hands on her pocket.

"Maybe we can talk about it over a coffee?" She suggest with a simple smile on her face.