3 - Her Emotional Pillow

Jennie

I feel tired already, and the choreographer notice that. She gave me a 15 minutes break to catch my breath. As I walk to the corner of the practice room, I can feel the discomfort from my ankle. I sit down on the floor and remove my shoe to give it a light rub to soothe the pain.

I was startled when my choreographer or Potato teacher as I call her is in front of me, I thought she went outside. She asked me how bad my ankle hurts, I told her that it's bearable. She eyed me suspiciously and left me. After several minutes she came back. I stand up and fixed myself, but Potato teacher came beside me and told me to go home and rest my ankle. I refuse because I don't want to miss practice when I know I can still perform, plus it makes me feel guilty I'm causing the delay. But she already made up her mind, so I have no choice but to obey her.

I sign and sat down again on the floor, I look up the ceiling, the lights are dim, same with what I feel right now. I feel someone sit beside me.

"Water Jendeuk?" Jisoo said pushing the water on my side.

I take it, cause I know she won't stop until I take it. I put my head on her shoulder and close my eyes.

"Don't feel bad Jen, you are doing your best and it would be bad if you push yourself and get hurt more than you already are." She said and rub my injured ankle.

"I know unnie, but I feel like I let everybody down, being weak. I can no longer keep up with my dance crew." I complain, I remove my head on her shoulder and look down at the floor.

"Aiissh, you're being too hard on yourself Mandu" she said and pinch my cheek a little harder, I wince in pain and slap her hand.

"That hurts you know."

"Don't think too much, you're doing a lot of things all at once, come on I'll drive you home." She stand up and offers her hands to help me get on my feet.

While on the road, I was looking outside the window just enjoying the bustling scenery.

"How is it going with your Sugar Daddy?" Jisoo asked out of the blue. I was caught off guard cause she rarely talked about my relationship with Lisa.

"Same old old, but at least she hasn't had any side chick for a long time." I said and smiled, I appreciate little things Lisa does, it makes me feel better.

Jisoo hmm in response, her eyes on the road.

"I really don't get why you signed another contract with her. I mean you already established your name in the entertainment industry, a lot of people love you and wished to work with you." she said with a hint of dismay and irritation on her voice.

"A lot of people hate me too, and they are all watching me to make mistakes and fail." I touch her arm and rub it.

"Unnie, everyone in the industry knows about me and Lisa, they are saying the same thing, please I don't want to hear it from you" I feel so down right now, my body is tired and I am stressing myself to make my comeback perfect.

Jisoo and Chaeng's are my best friends, I can take all the judgement or insult from anyone. But their opinion matters to me, so their words hurt because they're important in my life.

"Alright, but keep in mind that me and Chaeng are just here for you no matter what." she said and flaster an understanding smile.

________

Jisoo just dropped me, she refused my offer to have dinner with me, she said she will be having a meeting with the higher up.

I am thankful that she is my manager, since we're friends and she understands how demanding this kind of lifestyle is. She and Chaeng care deeply for me, that's why when I tell them about me and Lisa they go mad, but later on they try to understand and just be good friends, who support me and be my rock when I need one.