37 - Phoenix

Jisoo

It's Sunday morning, and I was heading to a small cafe at Itaewon to meet Lisa. Last night I received a call from her, demanding me to get my ass here at 10 in the morning. Of course I refused! Who wouldn't?! It should be me and Chaeyoung's day, but the ever so bosy Lisa already talked to my love about this meeting and to my dismay, she convinced her.

Why is she bothering me on my supposed rest day? I know she's bored because Jennie is busy promoting her album, her last run as an idol.

I can already see the coffee shop Lisa's referring to. I crossed the street and walked as slowly as I possibly could, to annoy her. She dislikes being late to meetings. But hey, she disturb me first.

In all honesty. I missed that arrogant CEO. It was over 6 months after the tragic incident of Lisa getting stabbed to death by Mr. Yang. She and her mother were rushed to the nearest hospital by Jackson, the wound was so deep that it hit an organ and caused internal bleeding. She was unconscious for days.

Mr. Yang died in the incident from the multiple bullets buried in his body. And with the combined effort of Jackson and Suzy using all the connections, his death was painted as a casualty. The story goes like this:

The former CEO of YG, Yang Hyun Suk was shot to death by the authorities, for resisting orders of a supposed peaceful operation, to capture the late CEO to face all his crimes.

It was all over the news and internet platforms. A huge portion of the public believes, some questioned it, but regardless it was done and no one dared to make a huge fuzz out of it.

I reached the cafe as I entered, the aroma of coffee filled my nostril and it brought a sense of contentment. Morning should be like this, I thought to myself. There's only a few people and they are scattered minding their own business. I spotted Lisa's figure at the corner already sipping her coffee.

As I approached she noticed me, and rolled her eyes.

"You're late." Lisa's voice was stern, matching her stoic expression.

"It's Sunday." I answered and continued sitting in front of her. I am no longer intimidated by her presence. I've known her enough for me to handle whatever mood she is.

After a few minutes, I made an order of cafe-americano and a latte for Lisa.

"I bet this is important, for you to bother me on my rest day." I start.

One thing I noticed about Lisa after she woke up, was she became calm in the true meaning of that word. Before she is calm, calculating things now it is more like she's at peace with everything around her.

"About Phoenix." She shortly said.

I furrowed my brows, thinking what is the connection. Our orders came and waited til the waiter was gone.

"Can you elaborate?" I asked and took a sip of my coffee. Hmm the warmth of the caffeine runs through my body.

"You will become the new CEO of Phoenix."

I choke and cough out the coffee out of my mouth, it splutters on my shirt and on the table. Instead of helping me she just took a sip of her coffee while I tried to recover.

"Are you insane?" I blurted out, the people in the coffee shop glared at me, murmuring. I bowed and apologised.

"Yes, that's why I'm handing it to you." Lisa said casually. I looked at her straight in the eyes trying to figure out if she's joking or what. But she's dead serious.

"You know I can't, and I will not accept it. Why all of sudden you're appointing me as CEO?" I questioned.

"You can! You're done training with the basic foundation. And it will go on as you keep better each day, most importantly you have the potential. So I can't see the reason why not." She explained.